• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke / UNC game thread

Zod

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

LOL. No. The rivalry talk is over with. Your greatest coach and the reason Duke was Duke lost not once, but twice to his Rival in the ONLY NCAA Tournament game EVER between UNC and Duke. That's the biggest L in the rivalry that no Duke fan can comeback from. Plus, his going away party at Cameron. Duke fans have ZERO argument to stand on. Stop while you're behind. And you want to bring up UNC losing to Kansas as a counterpoint? Bruh. That has nothing to do with anything. Do better. 

Lol ok so y’all won both of those to just lose championship. It’s ok I admit y’all beat us, but like always come up with more excuses.

Just now, Burnout189 said:

Eh, not really.

This team waaaay over-achieved. To play as well as they did with such a limited roster, and with their star center playing on a bad ankle is still a huge accomplishment.

He's got nothing else to stand on man. The rivalry talk is done with. UNC just created two of the biggest L's Duke has in the rivalry, that most won't even try to argue from and you got a dude bringing up Kansas. Woof. That's sad. 

1 minute ago, Burnout189 said:

Eh, not really.

This team waaaay over-achieved. To play as well as they did with such a limited roster, and with their star center playing on a bad ankle is still a huge accomplishment.

No they played great I even told some of my Tar Heel friends they started playing well and was one of best teams in the tourney. But they lost and poo talking is always going to happen. Lol

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

Lol ok so y’all won both of those to just lose championship. It’s ok I admit y’all beat us, but like always come up with more excuses.

That's not an excuse. You literally have no argument to stand on. You're talking about a championship game that Duke got beat by UNC to get to. You do realize that right? Duke fans have nothing to stand on. So talking trash about the rival that beat you in your Coaches "give me flowers tour" at home and in the Final Four (the only NCAA Tournament matchup ever)? Seems like the opposite of intelligent to me. Some low IQ shitt. But I digress. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

He's got nothing else to stand on man. The rivalry talk is done with. UNC just created two of the biggest L's Duke has in the rivalry, that most won't even try to argue from and you got a dude bringing up Kansas. Woof. That's sad. 

Win is a win, loss is a loss. Great job finishing second!

8 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’ll say this… with the way this one ended… I wouldn’t be totally shocked to see everyone come back except for Manek (obviously), Walton (I think he transfers), Garcia (I think he transfers again), and McKoy (I think he transfers again).

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see them enter the portal again to try and grab a stretch four, maybe someone like K.J. Williams from Murray State.

Just hypothetical… but…

G - Davis, Trimble (Freshman)

G - Love, Harris, Dunn

F - Black, Johnson, Styles, Nickel (Freshmen)

F - Williams (Transfer), Washington (Freshmen)

C - Bacot, Shaver (Freshmen)

Then of course you gave the biscuit boys… Landry, Lebo, Watkins, and Farris.

Garcia transfers he'll have to sit out a year. Not sure how that's going to workout for him, if he does so. Same for McKoy. 

I can see them all coming back, but it wouldn't shock me if they all left. As these players nowadays are low IQ dudes. They have zero draft stock and yet will still go to the Draft knowing they won't get drafted. Wild times. 

3 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Hey look it sheena's biggest stalker. She made you delete your account 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20220405-092101_Chrome.jpg

No she didn’t I’m still on there. She just was mad I called her out. She didn’t like it that I told her she was wrong about Watson going to falcons. 

6 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

No they played great I even told some of my Tar Heel friends they started playing well and was one of best teams in the tourney. But they lost and poo talking is always going to happen. Lol

Oh yeah, the poo talking is fine.

Winning that title would have been the perfect cherry on top of this season. Sucks, they couldn't pull it out but it happens.

But I'll say ruining K's retirement party will be remembered a lot longer than a 7th title. We can always get the 7th later, but doing what we did to K and dook we can't do later.

• Beer 2

Just now, stbugs said:

Two questions since I don’t want to try and find the posts about them but was Manek’s goal tending really a goal tend and how in the world was Braun able to throw up an air ball and catch his own air ball a half second later and put it in? You can’t pass to yourself and Love never touched the ball. Those two plays were very close to each other. The announcers never said anything and they didn’t replay and talk about them.

I don't think they showed a replay of the goaltend but in the moment it sure didn't look like it. Also, yes Braun should have been called on that.

• Beer 2

26 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Plus he stalks and harasses female beat writers... add that to his draft stock he probably goes number 1.

Thanks for reminding me. Honestly, fug that guy. We don't need trash like that around here.

He better hope one of the other mods is more gracious and let's him out of jail. Gonna be honest though, I don't like his chances.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Burnout189 said:

Oh yeah, the poo talking is fine.

Winning that title would have been the perfect cherry on top of this season. Sucks, they couldn't pull it out but it happens.

But I'll say ruining K's retirement party will be remembered a lot longer than a 7th title. We can always get the 7th later, but doing what we did to K and dook we can't do later.

Yep y’all whooped us. I hate all the other people get so upset about it lol. It’s just fun