• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke / UNC game thread

Zod

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Two questions since I don’t want to try and find the posts about them but was Manek’s goal tending really a goal tend and how in the world was Braun able to throw up an air ball and catch his own air ball a half second later and put it in? You can’t pass to yourself and Love never touched the ball. Those two plays were very close to each other. The announcers never said anything and they didn’t replay and talk about them.

Didn't look like goal tending to me and the crowd reaction was pretty telling on the replay they got and we didn't. TV coverage of this tourney was poo. Too much pushing their narrative and not enough showing of replays of key plays and actually telling us what's going on. So many times they'd be talking about whatever and I'm trying to figure out was it a foul? If so on who? Or did they call traveling, out of bounds? I have no idea what's going on because they're talking about who knows what and showing shots of the crowd.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Didn't look like goal tending to me and the crowd reaction was pretty telling on the replay they got and we didn't. TV coverage of this tourney was poo. Too much pushing their narrative and not enough showing of replays of key plays and actually telling us what's going on. So many times they'd be talking about whatever and I'm trying to figure out was it a foul? If so on who? Or did they call traveling, out of bounds? I have no idea what's going on because they're talking about who knows what and showing shots of the crowd.

I realized yesterday that Grant Hill has some really, awful, analysis sometimes. 

Kind of glad Raftery has quit the "look at this kid" lines over and over again. Shitt was annoying after a while. 

Edited by NCTHFL0567

31 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yes we can they lost after one of biggest leads. We have a lot to say, it would be no different the other way around.

Oh you CAN, it just looks really really dumb…  They pretty much owned Coach K twice, while Duke had a much better team and UNC had a rookie coach. Duke fans should probably lay low for a while. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh you CAN, it just looks really really dumb…  They pretty much owned Coach K twice, while Duke had a much better team and UNC had a rookie coach. Duke fans should probably lay low for a while. 

Much better team is an understatement. Duke has 4 first rounders, and 1 second rounder/borderline first rounder right now. 

https://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

14 minutes ago, stbugs said:

That’s what I thought and I heard the replay of the goal tend by the crowd. I don’t know why they don’t check goal tending on the replays but that pass to himself was ridiculous. That was a big 4 point swing right there. I think Kansas probably still wins because UNC couldn’t buy a bucket in the 2nd half. Love needed to do some fakes/drives with passing because he was bricking the poo out of the basket.

Yeah Love was definitely not having a good night. I wonder how much him rolling his ankle affected his shot. What's crazy is we still had a chance to take the lead and possibly win with just under a minute to go. But when Bacot, went down that basically sealed it.

• Beer 1

Very proud of these Tar Heels!! Their first possession in the second half you could tell that they were going to work clock and take good shots. But,it never works out to take foot off gas. Kansas was deeper and stronger. It might have hurt less getting blown out. BUT, it was a GREAT EFFORT!!