• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke / UNC game thread

Zod

51 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Top 20 teams aren't supposed to get anywhere close to the Final Four. They're 4-6 seeds.

duke fell to their most hated rival in one of the highest Final Four upsets of all time. I realize it's a difficult pill to swallow but talking trash with no leg to stand on isn't gonna help wash it down. 😂

You're working overtime. It's okay to take a breath.

And, before you call me a Duke homer or something, I grew up in SoCal, watched the John Wooden teams and didn't know anything about either UNC or Duke until I moved here.

11 NCAA titles, including 10 in 12 years with Wooden. 7 straight titles from 1967-1973. 4 undefeated seasons. 88 game winning streak; 98 game home winning streak; 38 game NCAA tourney winning streak. And he beat both Duke and UNC for NCAA titles.

Who finished second in the Kentucky Derby last year? Who finished second at the Indianapolis 500 last year? Who was the NCAA basketball runner-up in last year's tournament?

2 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

You're working overtime. It's okay to take a breath.

And, before you call me a Duke homer or something, I grew up in SoCal, watched the John Wooden teams and didn't know anything about either UNC or Duke until I moved here.

11 NCAA titles, including 10 in 12 years with Wooden. 7 straight titles from 1967-1973. 4 undefeated seasons. 88 game winning streak; 98 game home winning streak; 38 game NCAA tourney winning streak. And he beat both Duke and UNC for NCAA titles.

Who finished second in the Kentucky Derby last year? Who finished second at the Indianapolis 500 last year? Who was the NCAA basketball runner-up in last year's tournament?

😂 

That's a lot of typing for someone who supposedly doesn't really care.

Circle back in a decade when folks are still talking about K's final two games against Carolina. Y'all gonna get real tired of it getting mentioned every time these teams face off for the rest of your lives. 😂

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's a lot of typing for someone who supposedly doesn't really care.

You misunderstood.

I really don't care because neither of them are nearly as special as their fans believe them to be. Never mind the fact that a 47-page thread to talk about a game that meant nothing at the end of the day because Kansas won, and that's all that matters.

4 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

You misunderstood.

I really don't care because neither of them are nearly as special as their fans believe them to be. Never mind the fact that a 47-page thread to talk about a game that meant nothing at the end of the day because Kansas won, and that's all that matters.

Like I said, a lot of typing for someone who doesn't care. You saw the thread title. Why click?

Do you see me in any hockey threads? It's because I don't care.

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Like I said, a lot of typing for someone who doesn't care. You saw the thread title. Why click?

Do you have signs in your yard telling people to stay off the grass?

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

Dude sounds like a cowboys fan talking about past accomplishments lol

Gee, UNC beating Duke is a past accomplishment. 

Stop taking yourselves so fugging seriously- it was a game neither of you had anything to do with the outcome.

38 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Do you have signs in your yard telling people to stay off the grass?

Gee, UNC beating Duke is a past accomplishment. 

Stop taking yourselves so fugging seriously- it was a game neither of you had anything to do with the outcome.

Baffling posting from someone who supposedly doesn't care and who is also a sports fan. Just sit it out like all the other folks who actually don't care. You're in here making an ass of yourself.

7 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

This thread isn't worth the trouble. Thankfully 99% of Duke fans have actually accepted their loss and embarrassment. 

Have you accepted yours? I'm just in here pulling a 4corners because I'm putting off some work i need to do

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. We came up just short of the finish line in a game we had absolutely no expectations of being in. I've accepted it.

I expected Duke to lose to Texas tech and they wouldn't have beaten Gonzaga had they played them.  You act like Duke was the heavy favorite to win the national championship.  Carolina and Duke are even just about every year. Unc should have been better than an 8 seed. The acc was under rated this year and it took Hubert a while to find his footing. 

You guys were 17-4 your last 21 games, I give Hubert credit they were playing some of the best basketball in the country when it mattered 

Edited by toldozer
  • Pie 1