• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

big Saints / Eagles trade

Captain Morgan

1 minute ago, Growl said:

I honestly don’t really care but I’m inclined to take the guy with the most raw talent in Willis.

I like Pickett more than most people here though so I don’t loathe the idea. 

Willis would be dangerous for sure if he can get everything down from what I see of him. Don't know too much about him other than highlights I have seen but I guess any QB with that kind of run threat could be huge if they can also develop a pretty accurate pass as well.

What a terrible trade by the Saints LOL

Giving up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, to get an extra first this year and move back one draft spot with their other pick.

That's a trade you make the day of the draft when there is a specific player there that could put you over the top on a SB run, they aren't in that position, not even close.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

What a terrible trade by the Saints LOL

Giving up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, to get an extra first this year and move back one draft spot with their other pick.

That's a trade you make the day of the draft when there is a specific player there that could put you over the top on a SB run, they aren't in that position, not even close.

Yeah, I'm baffled on the timing.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

20th overall pick

That high? If he was our guy I'd definitely trade back some and try to pick up a second if someone would bite. He sure seemed like he had the ability at beginning of season last year. I'm no Tarheel fan (don't hate or like them) but I do see how he could potentially be a diamond in the rough selected later behind some other guys who fizzle out.

1 minute ago, YourLastThought said:

That high? If he was our guy I'd definitely trade back some and try to pick up a second if someone would bite. He sure seemed like he had the ability at beginning of season last year. I'm no Tarheel fan (don't hate or like them) but I do see how he could potentially be a diamond in the rough selected later behind some other guys who fizzle out.

The Steelers have absolutely been all over him all year long.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Willis would be dangerous for sure if he can get everything down from what I see of him. Don't know too much about him other than highlights I have seen but I guess any QB with that kind of run threat could be huge if they can also develop a pretty accurate pass as well.

It’s easier than ever for these kinds of traits to translate now, the windows are massive as the rules have changed. Getting a guy who can prolong how long those already large windows stay open is a nice trait to have in house.

1 minute ago, Wolfcop said:

I am not worried about. Either (a) the Panthers get their pick of QBs or (b) a fantastic OT or DE falls into our lap. 

I'm betting a QB goes ahead of us simply because every team in the league knows we're desperate for a QB.

I have to think that the overall league sentiment is that if you want your choice of the QBs, #5 is your logical target landing spot.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why would you make any picks for picks trades in the weeks leading up to the draft before seeing who's available? This is honestly baffling.

Only thing I see is the iants have 21 players they view as clear 1st round talent, very odd tho. 

Each year most teams only give 16+/- 1st round grades. Coofus screwed up the draft like it did everything else. Ive heard this is the most draftable players form any draft in history. The scouts have turned in the most reports ever. That also means the UDFA pool will be blood and guts.... Not much to do with that trade, but its a part of it.