• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Pauline: people in league circles believe that the #Panthers will select LT Charles Cross

TheSpecialJuan

19 hours ago, unicar15 said:

Idt Cross is in the same league as Icky or Neal. Just me…I would trade down. 

I think he’s a league above. Watch his tape at MSU. If he played at Alabama he’d be the consensus #1. Was also a consensus 5 star out of Laurel so he is the full package, not some developmental LT or undersized overperformer. Easily the best pass blocking LT over the bunch as well. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

I prefer Evan Neal who is bigger and taller. No need to hunt for a sasquatch.

He's arguably the best overall player in the draft and not one that comes often (Donavon Smith being the closest comparison I can think of), so you in fact are looking for a rarity--I imagine we all would prefer him.   

So yeah, Neal being akin the Donavon Smith, Penning being a better Kolton Miller.  Raimann also has nearly prototypical size.  This draft has every type of flavor teams look for at LT. 

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I think that is eye of the beholder. I do think the fact that Penning tested well athletically helped his stock a lot. Perhaps they are more even on some boards than others. 

Outside Becton, two of those three worked out pretty well. If that is the example, all the more reason to stay with a LT. 

If we are a downhill, run the ball down your throat team(which Rhule supposedly wants), Penning or Ekwonu make the most sense. Neal is a freak but he isn't nasty like those guys. Obviously Cross isn't that mauler.

Penning is my guy. Like the nasty streak and is a load in the run game. I swear if the guy played at an acc, big 10, or other power 5 powerhouse, he's in the running for top 5.  

1 minute ago, mc52beast said:

Still going on the assumption that Fitty is trading down if Neal and Ekonwu are gone. Nobody else is worth taking at 6.

But desperate people make desperate decisions and Rhule is desperate.

Feel like this is media groupthink. How is Cross not worth #6? He’s a plug and play LT with elite pass blocking traits. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, saX man said:

6'5 310 34 1/2" arms, nearly 11" hands, are you looking for sasquatch? He's basically Ronnie Stanley/Tyron Smith sized and the prototypical modern LT.  Bigger than Bakhtiari and Matthews.  

Dude wants a Kaiju at LT lmaooooo 

• Beer 1