• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Back - Draft Ridder - Bridge with Cam

SetfreexX

I think I'm completely out on QB at sixth overall...

I'm not impressed by a guy that took 5 years to make a name in college (Pickett).

I'm at least intrigued by Willis, but six is a high price with no current 2nd or 3rd round selections.

Corral's frame gives me some pause, he's very slim, so durability over 17 games long term is something I battle with in relation to him. 

This leads me to Ridder, 40+ wins as a starter, and is trending upwards but is likely not viewed as a 1st rounder based on reports. 

Desmond Ridder :

image.jpeg.14c9214761fbc4ff31220cda34540ca9.jpeg

I think this guy is the move, he's as athletic as any QB in the draft and allows him to elude the rush behind what stands to prove to be an improved OL at the very least from C to RG. 

He also has the size / frame to get a little bigger, and he has the arm and accuracy to make all the throws at each level of the field. 

Signing Cam, and just getting what we can, or even just releasing Darnold is the ''ripping off of the band aid'' this team needs. There is nothing to gain from his presence here. Cam rejuvenates the fan base, roster, and gives a legit chance to win games behind an improved OL / roster with actual time to come in and learn the actual offense / build rapport. 

This allows Ridder to acclimate to the NFL at a pace with less required of him initially and also leaves us with a plan moving forward. I just personally think using the value the 6th has to continue to further solidify the roster is the best move, while having a QB on a rookie deal to move forward with for the next 4 to 5 years so you have the cap / resources to build the best possible roster to compete. 

• Beer 2

23 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

Draft OT at 6, draft Bailey Zappe top of 4th

This, 100%. Zappe might be the real deal, but if he's not, then he's going to be an inexpensive but decent back up for the QB we draft next year.

Zappe holds the record for NCAA yardage and TDs in a season, and that's playing out of WKU. While it's not the SEC, he was against better competition than Jerry Falwell U. (Liberty). 

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Watch him play. The measurables just don't translate. He looks like a JAG out there.

44-5, and 26-0 at home, never a season with double digit INTs. 

And I like the RAS measurables, its why I'd be ok with a later day 3 selection while filling out our roster.

I think we could approach winning with this formula having picks in the 1st and 2nd to add OL, etc.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

44-5, and 26-0 at home, never a season with double digit INTs. 

And I like the RAS measurables, its why I'd be ok with a later day 3 selection while filling out our roster.

I think we could approach winning with this formula having picks in the 1st and 2nd to add OL, etc.

I'm talking about the player, not the team.

Day three? Sure. But he ain't lasting until day three.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

I'd be surprised if Cam wants to play with a team that just drafts a QB in the first round. Probably why he hasn't signed here or anywhere yet for that matter.

He wants an opportunity to start. Idk why people think he owes us one more season just to pass the symbolic torch. We aren't winning anything meaningful. Let Cam do his own thing and that isn't taking another beating in Carolina just for the fun of it.

15 minutes ago, saX man said:

I'm sorry, but let's just give it up with Cam.  He's in the past, even in a "bridge"

Then who is the bridge option for the rookie....

Gardener Minshew, Sam Darnold, Fitzmagic 🤣

Only QBs available via trade is Jimmy G off shoulder surgery, and on a BETTER SF roster he couldn't get it done and is still a turnover waiting to happen. 

That leaves Baker...do we even need to go into why not with him when he couldn't even handle his team looking to upgrade at QB, no thanks on the baby at QB. 

Cam is the best option of the bunch, has nothing to do with anything but that. Cam saying he wants to ''win'' is PR spin, but all the contending teams ALREADY have their QB so on a contender he's a back up. He might very well accept that role and I wouldn't blame him. 

However, if he wants to play, with a chance to win our roster could be suitable to that with more draft picks, and a legit veteran QB and in this case he's better than what is out there. 

• Pie 1