• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers 30-visits tracker

TheSpecialJuan

33 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

These RBs could be there with our 4th rounder.  Mid-rounds is where the value is this draft for RBs.  Even if we had our 2nd and 3rd rounder, I wouldn't be for drafting a RB with either of them.

There isn't value of there isn't room on the roster though. I have a hard time seeing a 4thbround rookie making our roster over CMC, Foreman, and Hubbard.

Mid-round picks are also where the value is often found with LBs and IOL. I'd rather spend picks there where a rookie would have a much stronger chance of sticking.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There isn't value of there isn't room on the roster though. I have a hard time seeing a 4thbround rookie making our roster over CMC, Foreman, and Hubbard.

Mid-round picks are also where the value is often found with LBs and IOL. I'd rather spend picks there where a rookie would have a much stronger chance of sticking.

Eh, we took Hubbard to be the #3 guy.  I'm not sold on Hubbard like apparently Mrs. Rhule is.  He lacks vision and has questionable hands.  He's an outside the tackles kind of player, which is ideal for a 3rd down back, but that requires good hands.  Foreman is a rental.  Most of these one-year guys are playing for a bigger payday in 2023.  They are playing on the assumption Rhule is a lame duck coach and trying to get snaps/film on them on this otherwise thin roster.  Foreman is counting on CMC missing time and getting significant #1, if not short yardage/goal line snaps and taking that to a bigger FA deal in 2023

Edited by 45catfan

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Eh, we took Hubbard last year to be the #3 guy.  I'm not sold on Hubbard like apparently Mrs. Rhule is.  He lacks vision and has questionable hands.  He's an outside the tackles kind of player, which is ideal for a 3rd down back, but that requires good hands.  Foreman is a rental.  Most of these one-year guys are playing for a bigger payday in 2023.  They are playing on the assumption Rhule is a lame duck coach and trying to get snaps/film on them on this otherwise thin roster.  Foreman is banking on CMC missing time and getting significant #1, if not short yardage/goal line snaps.

It's not about being sold on Hubbard long term. It's about him vs. a 4th round rookie on a roster full of holes and short on draft capital. Unless we're entertaining trading CMC, RB should pretty much be off the board unless there's just some unbelievably tremendous value available.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It's not about being sold on Hubbard long term. It's about him vs. a 4th round rookie on a roster full of holes and short on draft capital. Unless we're entertaining trading CMC, RB should pretty much be off the board unless there's just some unbelievably tremendous value available.

Or the injury bug comes back again, which is very possible.  With RBs, especially as the League has ever increasingly gone pass happy, mid-rounds usually have some dudes with a good deal of value.  They fall due to no fault of their own, but due to the RB position being devalued by a QB driven League.  Again, top 3 rounds (assuming we had those picks 2-3) nope, I'd pass...but round 4?  Sure if the value is too good to pass up...I'm all for it.  If a top 100 pick on our board is there in the 4th round and happens to be a RB, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Eh, we took Hubbard to be the #3 guy.  I'm not sold on Hubbard like apparently Mrs. Rhule is.  He lacks vision and has questionable hands.  He's an outside the tackles kind of player, which is ideal for a 3rd down back, but that requires good hands.  Foreman is a rental.  Most of these one-year guys are playing for a bigger payday in 2023.  They are playing on the assumption Rhule is a lame duck coach and trying to get snaps/film on them on this otherwise thin roster.  Foreman is counting on CMC missing time and getting significant #1, if not short yardage/goal line snaps and taking that to a bigger FA deal in 2023

I'd love to have kept Ameer Abdullah.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Samuel Womack is another non-Combine defensive back getting a lot of talk in the lead-up to the draft. Womack was a terrific cornerback at Toledo three years running and received a few draftable grades heading into the 2020 season. He decided to return for a second senior year. He’s a shorter corner (5’9″) with terrific ball skills and ran 4.37 seconds during Toledo’s Pro Day. His 32-inch arms somewhat offset his lack of vertical height.

Womack had an official top-30 visit with the Chiefs. He also privately worked out for the Washington Commanders, New Orleans Saints, Chicago Bears, and Carolina Panthers. I presently grade Womack as a seventh-round/PFA prospect.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-news-and-rumors-alontae-taylor-joshua-williams-tariq-carpenter-and-others/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nfl-draft-news-and-rumors-alontae-taylor-joshua-williams-tariq-carpenter-and-others

Garrett Wilson, Ohio State

He’s already been on official 30 visits to see the New York Jets as well as the Carolina Panthers. The Washington Commanders also remain on his travel schedule.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-news-and-rumors-team-visits-heat-up-for-garrett-wilson-charleston-rambo-christian-watson/