• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rockhill site going south fast it seems.

Big Sexy

Damn this thread is crazy.  

ROCK HILL DEAL

- People Mad at Tepper: It has nothing to do with this deal. People don't like him or his decisions with the Panthers. If the Panthers ended last season winning 12 games they would be on Teppers side. 

For those people that are mad. Here's an analogy for you. You hire me to build a deck. You agree. Half way through you don't give me the agreed upon money. I stop work. You ask me to finish building the deck and pay for it and you will pay me back over the course of 20 years or so. I'm pissed and don't respond. So now you and your friends bash me bc you're the asshole that didn't follow through with deal. 

That is the Rock Hill summary. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

For those people that are mad. Here's an analogy for you. You hire me to build a deck. You agree. Half way through you don't give me the agreed upon money. I stop work. You ask me to finish building the deck and pay for it and you will pay me back over the course of 20 years or so. I'm pissed and don't respond. So now you and your friends bash me bc you're the asshole that didn't follow through with deal. 

That is the Rock Hill summary. 

That would be relevant if David Tepper was a construction company. He's not.

Here's a better analogy...

Imagine you're being made promises by politicians of all these wonderful things that they're going to do for you only to get the run around after the ballots are cast. Yeah, the average Joe gets to deal with that every election cycle. David Tepper just isn't accustomed to being treated like a commoner while trying to play himself off as having the mentality of one. Well, welcome to the club buddy! How's it feel? 😂

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Imagine you're being made promises by politicians of all these wonderful things that they're going to do for you only to get the run around after the ballots are cast. Yeah, the average Joe gets to deal with that every election cycle. David Tepper just isn't accustomed to being treated like a commoner while trying to play himself off as having the mentality of one. Well, welcome to the club buddy! How's it feel? 😂

Yeah Tepper you suck for not understanding our politicians were going to blatantly lie and then try to turn everything around on you bc you have a low approval rating. Fact is if the city agreed to something they should stand by their word and stop being shady. 

Edited by yasuhara2241
typo
  • Pie 2

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

RH sure showed him.  That's why they aren't panicking about an unfinished construction site that's going to sit idle.  That's why they're running to the press whining how Tepper won't talk to them.  Yup.  They sure showed Tepper.  That's why the county is  rushing new funding plans.

Tepper is going to let them stew for a while.  If he pulls the plug, it will be RH's loss. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

RH sure showed him.  That's why they aren't panicking about an unfinished construction site that's going to sit idle.  That's why they're running to the press whining how Tepper won't talk to them.  Yup.  They sure showed Tepper.  That's why the county is  rushing new funding plans.

Tepper is going to let them stew for a while.  If he pulls the plug, it will be RH's loss. 

It's weird to me watching people actively rooting for billionaires to fleece municipalities. 

It'd be a much wiser move by Rock Hill to invest $21k per each impoverished resident in their city than hand Tepper $225M to help fund his headquarters. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's weird to me watching people actively rooting for billionaires to fleece municipalities. 

It'd be a much wiser move by Rock Hill to invest $21k per each impoverished resident in their city than hand Tepper $225M to help fund his headquarters. 

The question isn't if i agree to the original deal bc that is a no. I don't think it was a good deal for the city but THEY made the deal. I can't believe people don't care about keeping their word and would rather side with politicians. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're not discussing a potential deal.  We're discussing a done deal gone wrong and who's at fault.

If RH's plan was to stiff Tepper so they can get the rich guy, they cut off their nose.  RH is the one who'll be stuck with an unfinished construction site if Tepper bails.

I agree that municipalities shouldn't cut crony deals, not all deals are the same however.  Cities routinely pay for roads, sewer and water for new development, business or otherwise.  This deal is 1000x better than the payments for improvements to the BOA stadium.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

The question isn't if i agree to the original deal bc that is a no. I don't think it was a good deal for the city but THEY made the deal. I can't believe people don't care about keeping their word and would rather side with politicians. 

I side with the common people of Rock Hill. It's a bad deal for them. That's literally all I care about. The billionaires and their bought and paid for politicians can pound sand.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I side with the common people of Rock Hill. It's a bad deal for them. That's literally all I care about. The billionaires and their bought and paid for politicians can pound sand.

So your pissed about the original deal.  The stoppage of work just gives you reason to complain about the original deal. Understood

1 minute ago, yasuhara2241 said:

So your pissed about the original deal.  The stoppage of work just gives you reason to complain about the original deal. Understood

Hell, the ultimate win for me here is the deal falling apart with the politicians wearing egg on their face. This is shaping up perfectly. 😂

• Beer 1