• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rockhill site going south fast it seems.

Big Sexy

Just now, KatsAzz said:

The past has nothing to do with this particular deal. The fact is Tepper has lived up to his end of the bargain and Rock Hill has not.

You seem to be letting your personal dislike for Tepper cloud your view of an agreed on business deal that was kept on his end of the bargain..

I dislike dishonorable people. David Tepper is dishonorable. His honor goes as far as what is in his best interests. He's in a deal up until that point and not a moment longer. He's just on the other end of such a deal this time. I'm not feeling any sorrow for him.

• Poo 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Tell all the folks laid off by Delphi about how honorable David Tepper is with his business agreements.

Tepper is a hedge fund manager, his job and his obligations are to make money for his shareholders not be "Delphi's Angel" of piss poor management. Now that he has a family office and not a traditional hedge shop, the money he earns is solely for himself.

News flash, hedge people are not noble knights. Read about the accomplishments of Carl Icahn https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Icahn they reek of ethics but he sure as hell knew how to make money for the people who invested in him

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Tons of other places are begging for a poorly run, 5 win team. 

If there was a 33rd expansion team announced today and cities could lobby for it…..there would be suitors/competition.  Same thing. 

5 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

The past has nothing to do with this particular deal. The fact is Tepper has lived up to his end of the bargain and Rock Hill has not.

You seem to be letting your personal dislike for Tepper cloud your view of an agreed on business deal that was kept on his end of the bargain..

Then he should come out of hiding and address things.  Like he was called out to do.

• Poo 1

10 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

and people act like the TB is some sort of toxic wastland. FML...

I sure will be glad when all of the people who threatened to quit the Panthers just fuging go already.

You hate the owner

You hate the coach

You have no hope for the upcoming season

Must be some sort of mental disorder keeping you here

Fanatics?

Tepper may just see this big bubble he built and the stadium itself and surrounding like Memorial Stadium and is like f' it we'll camp right here. I would. The further forward we go that facility seems unnecessary. Charlotte would love to host the Panthers camp.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

and people act like the TB is some sort of toxic wastland. FML...

I sure will be glad when all of the people who threatened to quit the Panthers just fuging go already.

You hate the owner

You hate the coach

You have no hope for the upcoming season

Must be some sort of mental disorder keeping you here

Great post. I agree 100%. 

25 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Tepper is a hedge fund manager, his job and his obligations are to make money for his shareholders not be "Delphi's Angel" of piss poor management. Now that he has a family office and not a traditional hedge shop, the money he earns is solely for himself.

News flash, hedge people are not noble knights. Read about the accomplishments of Carl Icahn https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Icahn they reek of ethics but he sure as hell knew how to make money for the people who invested in him

Just as the representatives of Rock Hill should be obligated to operating in the best interests of their constituents. Our elected officials rarely do it, but they should. Giving a multi-billionaire hundreds of millions for his new play toy... meh.

• Poo 1

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

Then he should come out of hiding and address things.  Like he was called out to do.

Why should he come out and address this certain issue in public when numerous articles have been writen and talked about on radio and tv explaining in detail the complete Panthers vs Rock Hill project delay?

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but from some details I've come across in the initial contract. If the Panthers hq is not completed by the deadline set the Panthers will lose all the incentives including tax breaks and others. So on both sides if things don't get straightened out soon both parties have a breach of contract suit. Panthers can file that suit in the very near future, and rh and yc if the facilities doesn't look like it can be completed by the deadline.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just as the representatives of Rock Hill should be obligated to operating in the best interests of their constituents. Our elected officials rarely do it, but they should. Giving a multi-billionaire hundreds of millions for his new play toy... meh.

"When the Carolina Panthers agreed to build their headquarters in Rock Hill, the city agreed to pay $20 million and issue bonds for much more. On March 8, WBTV confirmed with a city of Rock Hill spokeswoman that those bonds were never issued"

I just can't comprehend why this concept is difficult to grasp. 

Rock Hills / SC wanted this complex, they gave Tepper a great deal, nobody forced them to do that. Then they don't come through their end of the agreement and this is somehow Tepper's fault?

Blame Tepper for Rhule

Blame Rhule for Darnold

But don't blame Tepper for SC shady politics

• Pie 5

2 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

"When the Carolina Panthers agreed to build their headquarters in Rock Hill, the city agreed to pay $20 million and issue bonds for much more. On March 8, WBTV confirmed with a city of Rock Hill spokeswoman that those bonds were never issued"

I just can't comprehend why this concept is difficult to grasp. 

Rock Hills / SC wanted this complex, they gave Tepper a great deal, nobody forced them to do that. Then they don't come through their end of the agreement and this is somehow Tepper's fault?

Blame Tepper for Rhule

Blame Rhule for Darnold

But don't blame Tepper for SC shady politics

All I'm saying is that Tepper has fuged over people before and he'll do it again when it benefits him. I'm not going to cry over the same happening to him this time. If the shoe was on the other foot you'd be defending Tepper saying "it's just business".

• Poo 1

15 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Why should he come out and address this certain issue in public when numerous articles have been writen and talked about on radio and tv explaining in detail the complete Panthers vs Rock Hill project delay?

Articles are articles. Talk radio is talk radio.  They deal with only the info they have access to and leaked info/talking points they are given.  

Basic accountability.  It comes with the territory.  RH and Tepper.  And we are talking about tax payer money.   So yeah, Tepper should come out of hiding and deal with this debacle.  If people want the luxury of hiding then use your own money. 

• Poo 1

As much as it PAINS me to say it, I do think Rock Hill is on the wrong side.  If they agreed to something, they should hold their end up.

This is coming from a guy who works as a director for a $391b+ asset management firm in Charlotte (I know these "guys" and am VERY cynical on the investment management industry), lives in Rock Hill, and is a Panther fan.

• Pie 3