• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rockhill site going south fast it seems.

Big Sexy

12 hours ago, electro's horse said:

170 million is around 1% of his net worth. to put that into consideration, tons of people on this board are probably spending 15-20% of their net worth annually on an oversized truck they have no need for (that was purchased because they're insecure and decided to buy a personality) and would HAPPILY walk away from if they could. 

sunk cost is a thing too

Yes, its is only 1% but you know how rich people are with money, losing $100 is a big deal. 

54 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

😂

The one that I quoted.

i must have missed it in this thread, its 25 pages long... so pardon my oversight. 

I am just curious if you had an example of Tepper being petty. It would be interesting to read about how he is perceived as a petty person. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

i must have missed it in this thread, its 25 pages long... so pardon my oversight. 

I am just curious if you had an example of Tepper being petty. It would be interesting to read about how he is perceived as a petty person. 

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/money-and-power/news/a3777/david-tepper-sagaponack-house/

• Beer 1

Meh, I think this all gets worked out.  I think Tepp went into this deal knowing this was going to happen.  I mean, who the hell thought RH could pony up $225m in the first place?  It's Rock Hill!!  Tepper is bluffing and he's sending a message to CLT to get ready and bend over.  Yeah, he could pull the plug and have some financial losses, but his and the team's image will take more of a hit than his pocket book if they do move on from RH, even though it's not their fault RH couldn't pay in the first place.

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

“billionaire” = “petty”

It’s a mutually inclusive condition, I’m surprised you didn’t know this 🤦‍♂️🤣.

Just so you know, billionaires also aren’t allowed to hold the other side to their contractual obligations during the execution of a business deal…

…if said deal gets sideways due to lack of performance by the other side — the billionaire is expected to simply keep moving forward and fund the other side’s obligations too.

These are only 2 of at least a dozen immutable laws/conditions codified in The Official Billionaire’s Behaviorsaurus as published by The Huddle Society of Billionaire Haters…

…carry on 👋👍

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

The news station in Spartanburg SC reported this morning that things have been worked out and construction is a go for the site.  Who knows who caved but I suspect it was SC officials. 

Probably the SC Governor meeting with Tepper yesterday. The state of SC is probably going to kick in to the project to get it done. That's my guess.

The news station in Spartanburg SC reported this morning that things have been worked out and construction is a go for the site.  Who knows who caved but I suspect it was SC officials. 

..so this 25 page thread will drop down the page and the Huddle will march forth finding a new topic to bitch about😅

What changed from this report yesterday? https://www.wistv.com/2022/04/12/lets-get-moving-gov-mcmaster-talks-about-pause-new-panthers-headquarters/ 

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Yep, the Post and Courier tweeted (16 hours ago) that "Tepper is taking bids to have the steel beams removed"..sorry no link.

Edited by 3838

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I think he will more than willing to walk away.  He will use it as a example for when he wants a new stadium.  He can always use it as a tax right off. 

Not having this complex in Rock Hill will at least make the threat of leaving Charlotte more plausible. 

Edited by Peppers90 NC