• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets might want Westbrook.

NCTHFL0567

At this point as low as we've already sunk if it gets Hayward and that contract off us just do it. I still don't believe Jordan will fire James Borrego after the recent extension though. He just can't help himself.

Edited by frankw

15 hours ago, frankw said:

At this point as low as we've already sunk if it gets Hayward and that contract off us just do it. I still don't believe Jordan will fire James Borrego after the recent extension though. He just can't help himself.

Borrego shouldnt be fired, so I mean yeah I hope he doesnt.

1 minute ago, tecc86 said:

Yes. Yes he should. The Hornets literally didn't get better, were more healthy last year, and got blown out as the 10 seed just like last year. He should for sure be fired. Wow this was bad. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

29 minutes ago, tecc86 said:

Standards should be higher. You can't even fall back on development at that point if your group can't even show up for the most consequential game in consecutive seasons. That's not a well coached basketball team.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 4/14/2022 at 2:19 PM, frankw said:

Standards should be higher. You can't even fall back on development at that point if your group can't even show up for the most consequential game in consecutive seasons. That's not a well coached basketball team.

Everyone that says we should fire JB can't name a coach that would actually come here for what Michael pays coaches, dude is by far the lowest paid coach in the league, and his front office has done nothing to help build an actual playoff team. We lose when we shoot bad because we are one of the worst defensive teams in the league because of our roster, not the coaching.

9 minutes ago, tecc86 said:

Everyone that says we should fire JB can't name a coach that would actually come here for what Michael pays coaches, dude is by far the lowest paid coach in the league, and his front office has done nothing to help build an actual playoff team. We lose when we shoot bad because we are one of the worst defensive teams in the league because of our roster, not the coaching.

I am skeptical of Jordan as owner he has certainly had a key role in this mess. As far as pay though how do you know we didn't try to lure big name coaches? Even with similar salary offered to what they could make in a big market do they want to come here? Borrego is averaging 2 million a year. Do you think he should be paid more? He's making comparable salary to other beginner head coaches. His salary reflects the state of the team and our standing in the NBA. Which sadly as of now is a doormat. You can blame Mike you can blame Mitch you can blame the lack of defensive effort but the buck stops with James on the play-in game debacle 🤷‍♂️

I’d still be on board with this trade to free up cap space early but I have no idea how we’d make it work because Bridges is going to get a max.

It would probably have to be something like Hayward and Rozier for Westbrook and THT. I was originally thinking maybe Hayward, Oubre, and Plumlee for Westbrook but there’s really no way that the Hornets can afford a maxed out Bridges, a maxed out Westbrook, and a $21M Rozier.

Just kind of doing a mock offseason here…

G - Ball, Thomas (resign), Kennedy Chandler (draft)

G - Westbrook, Horton-Tucker, Bouknight

F - Bridges, Oubre, Martin (resign)

F - Washington, Thor, Jones

C - Plumlee, Mark Williams (draft), Christian Koloko (draft)

This roster would put us right at $149M which is the luxury tax level.

After a disappointing first season in Los Angeles, it may seem like the Lakers would take whatever they can get in a trade this offseason for Russell Westbrook and his $47MM+ salary, but that’s not the case, Marc Stein writes at Substack.com. According to Stein, Los Angeles will have “more boundaries than advertised” when weighing potential Westbrook deals.

For one, the Lakers will seriously consider a player’s injury history as they explore the trade market for Westbrook. Given how costly injuries to LeBron James and Anthony Davis were in 2021/22, the team doesn’t want to bring on another high-priced veteran who has been unable to stay healthy in recent years.

In Stein’s view, that means the Lakers are unlikely to be very interested in a trade with the Hornets that includes Gordon Hayward, who has missed 61 of 154 regular season games in Charlotte over the last two years, plus both play-in games. If the Lakers and Hornets discuss Westbrook, it’s possible Hayward could be moved to a third team or Terry Rozier could be substituted as a headliner, but those scenarios would be less appealing from Charlotte’s perspective.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/charlotte-hornets

On 4/15/2022 at 6:26 PM, tecc86 said:

This isn't crazy low for an unproven coach. The others making around his money going into this season were Memphis and Milwaukee and they're top teams right now.