• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets might want Westbrook.

NCTHFL0567

On 4/15/2022 at 6:26 PM, tecc86 said:

Everyone that says we should fire JB can't name a coach that would actually come here for what Michael pays coaches, dude is by far the lowest paid coach in the league, and his front office has done nothing to help build an actual playoff team. We lose when we shoot bad because we are one of the worst defensive teams in the league because of our roster, not the coaching.

If there’s one thing in the NBA that is more about coaching than players, it’s team defense. Borrego sucks.

3 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Don't know why you guys would want Westbrook. If he's not THE man he gets unhappy and Ball is your team's man.

We don’t want him but the bottom line is I (and probably others) don’t see us being competitive until we get a big man. Until we clear cap space it’s just not possible for us to obtain an above average big man. Trading Hayward for Westbrook gets money off the book a lot earlier.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Little Goody Two Shoes said:

I keep seeing that we are interested. Any chance we trade Heyward and Rozier for him and then cut him? I don't want him dominating the Ball and hurting Melo's progression. Oubre could move into the starting rotation and maybe Bouknight, depending on the new coach.

This is the only way this would make sense. Westbrook would be the worst back court mate with Melo.

On 4/8/2022 at 6:23 PM, Shocker said:

Dude is ball dominant as hell.  Pass him the ball and you won’t get it back.  I would pass as well

On 4/8/2022 at 8:32 PM, Chad_Cota said:

I don't see any benefit adding Westbrook. 

Why do you think he has been with so many teams recently.  He doesn't mesh with anyone.   He can't dominate a game anymore and I definitely see much better options including standing pat.

The Hornets need defensive help.  They were one of the top scoring teams in the NBA.  We need a big man to improve our defense.  Plumlee definitely isn't the answer. 

35 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Why do you think he has been with so many teams recently.  He doesn't mesh with anyone.   He can't dominate a game anymore and I definitely see much better options including standing pat.

The Hornets need defensive help.  They were one of the top scoring teams in the NBA.  We need a big man to improve our defense.  Plumlee definitely isn't the answer. 

From everything I have read they are only interested in him to shed contracts in return and then his would be off the books next season. I haven't read anything about them wanting him for pure basketball reasons