• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practicing While Intoxicated

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

Saying that someone "reeked of alcohol" is very different than saying they were intoxicated.  A guy I played with in college came to practices and just reeked of it, but he wasn't intoxicated.  He was just sweating it out the day after.

FWIW.

In the story I was told, the dude was often drunk at practices. 

Also, if you are still smelling like booze, you likely still have a measurable BAC.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, BrianS said:

Saying that someone "reeked of alcohol" is very different than saying they were intoxicated.  A guy I played with in college came to practices and just reeked of it, but he wasn't intoxicated.  He was just sweating it out the day after.

FWIW.

*THIS* We all work with this person weather you know it or not. May not be drunk, but they were last night.

• Beer 1

I bet I could guess who it is… was with the Dolphins myself in 2016 and it was still a problem for him then. Gase would break the team in the huddle after practices and in front of everyone tell said player to “take it easy this weekend” or “take a break from South Beach” etc. I kinda respected Gase’s approach… air the player out a bit in front of his whole team in hopes that would get him to get his act together. 

25 minutes ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

I bet I could guess who it is… was with the Dolphins myself in 2016 and it was still a problem for him then. Gase would break the team in the huddle after practices and in front of everyone tell said player to “take it easy this weekend” or “take a break from South Beach” etc. I kinda respected Gase’s approach… air the player out a bit in front of his whole team in hopes that would get him to get his act together. 

Then spill the beans lol