• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral

Jmac

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Elaborate please. I don't get that at all from him.

I told him earlier that Corral and Johnny Football are as different as night and day. I don't know how anyone would come up with that assessment after researching Corral even a little. Manziel and Corral come from different worlds. Corral might even need to lighten up a little.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Seems to me he had some issues in high school and whatnot, did some self reflection, got some therapy/laid off alcohol and got focused. Id take his "character issues" over Mayfields issues, or Darnolds lack of character

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Mainly just the alcohol stuff. He's had issues with alcohol and depression in the past. Not a deal breaker for everyone, but should be for us. If you don't have issues with alcohol and/or depression prior to being involved with Tepper and Rhule's Panthers, you probably will soon.

• Pie 1

Compare Corral with Pickett in terms of dedication to getting better and it isn’t close.  Pickett has worked for like 5 years with a QB guru to improve his game.  To say he will work his ass off is an given.  Corral?  Dunno

Seriously all these dudes could bust but Pickett is the most proven at this time.  I am sold on that.

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Compare Corral with Pickett in terms of dedication to getting better and it isn’t close.  Pickett has worked for like 5 years with a QB guru to improve his game.  To say he will work his ass off is an given.  Corral?  Dunno

Seriously all these dudes could bust but Pickett is the most proven at this time.  I am sold on that.

Pickett had one good year when he was the oldest guy on the field granted a fifth year by special circumstances. He's not proven for poo.

If it's Pickett or Corral, I hope like hell it's Corral.

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Mainly just the alcohol stuff. He's had issues with alcohol and depression in the past. Not a deal breaker for everyone, but should be for us. If you don't have issues with alcohol and/or depression prior to being involved with Tepper and Rhule's Panthers, you probably will soon.

Not being sold on his abilities is one thing but this is being exaggerated. He got help and got on the right path. We have a QB right now who has not had any of those issues that we know of and he's the definition of milquetoast and has zero leadership ability.

Edited by frankw

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Not being sold on his abilities is one thing but this is being exaggerated. He got help and got on the right path. We have a QB right now who has not had any of those issues that we know of and he's the definition of milquetoast and has zero leadership ability.

It's something that has to be seriously looked into and evaluated. The NFL is going to bring a whole new level of stress and there are going to be some inevitable struggles on the field. How will he deal with it?

It's something that has to be asked of every prospect. Virtually everyone considered as a potential first rounder has the talent to succeed if everything goes right. Nothing ever goes completely right.

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

But its there........

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's something that has to be seriously looked into and evaluated. The NFL is going to bring a whole new level of stress and there are going to be some inevitable struggles on the field. How will he deal with it?

It's something that has to be asked of every prospect. Virtually everyone considered as a potential first rounder has the talent to succeed if everything goes right. Nothing ever goes completely right.

Of course it should be looked into and we know teams most certainly will. But just because others have been unable to escape from it doesn't mean he is doomed to be the next Justin Blackmon. That's all I'm saying 🤷‍♂️

I keep getting Corral and Strong mixed up. Lol. IDK about any of these QBs. Nothing I have seen makes me feel great about any of them as a fit here.

I would rather take a LT with the 6 and trade a player to jump up into the 2nd for whoever is left at that point. 

• Pie 1

Him being aware of the alcohol issue and getting ahead of it early is a plus IMO. How many guys his age have done this. There have been plenty of players that played through alcoholism, but to have a grasp on it before he is even drafted shows a lot of dedication and maturity. He gave honest sincere answers with his depression and potential alcoholism and was open with it. I wish more athletes would do this.