• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norris on Panthers 1st round plans

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, shaqattaq said:

Eagles jump to #6 to grab a stud DE. We get #15 (Corral), #51 (best OL / DL available), #101, and Mr. Mustache  - who can compete with Corral or back him up for years to come.

Edit - OOPS, their pick is # 18, we might need a little more from them to make this happen

I could easy live with this sceniro if it happened.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think the cap room is insurance--if they trade back, do not get the qb, they can bring one in if necessary.  However, I really think part of the plan at QB is to see how Darnold does with an actual OL--

I think that is plan C, but it is a plan. 

I can see the Panthers wanting to give Darnold at least one more chance to prove they were not as inept as it has appeared by signing him and giving up draft choices. 

It is highly unlikely the Panthers will be a playoff team this year, so that gamble may not be as bad as it would appear.

Funny how every fanbase wants to trade down and none want to trade up. Good look finding a trade partner, unless they intend on getting little to nothing in return I don’t see it.

If you think you have a franchise QB at 6 you pick him, it’s that simple.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Panthers are going to trade back at least once and walk away with Howell or Corral.  So it was written. 

I cant tell you all how much I am looking forward to my favorite 3 days of the year

I would be perfectly fine if they traded for Jimmy G and or Baker and Drafted a QB then sat said QB they drafted for the year. 

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

Funny how every fanbase wants to trade down and none want to trade up. Good look finding a trade partner, unless they intend on getting little to nothing in return I don’t see it.

I wanted to make the huge move to trade up for Burrow after we hired Joe Brady.

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Yup you got teams like the Chiefs that have like too many draft picks and might move up but I really don't see us moving back to the 29th spot. Maybe the Eagles for a decent value, Seahawks/WFT moving up and giving us a 3rd or something to take a player we actually want...Horrible year to not have our 2nd and 3rd rounders. At least O-line is deep and there should still be some good players left in the 4th/5th

36 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yup you got teams like the Chiefs that have like too many draft picks and might move up but I really don't see us moving back to the 29th spot. Maybe the Eagles for a decent value, Seahawks/WFT moving up and giving us a 3rd or something to take a player we actually want...Horrible year to not have our 2nd and 3rd rounders. At least O-line is deep and there should still be some good players left in the 4th/5th

I would love someone to go to another teams forum and propose these trade ideas being floated round this thread. They will laugh you right out the forum.

The fact that in these made up scenarios we are only getting a second or third in return for swapping a top 10 pick goes to show how little value a top 10 pick in this draft has, no team would really want to trade.

• Beer 1