• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

James Borrego / Matt Rhule…. Is their a worse 1-2 combo

TheBigKat

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

An actual winning season. 😆

And for the Hornets babysteps like that are needed.

Finishing 4 games over .500 and a 10th seed same as last year is not a success. Baby steps do the hornets no good because everybody around you is RAPIDLY improving (Cleveland, bulls). Its gets you nowhere and is a losers mentality. 

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yup, Hornets took out their trash.  Too bad our Panthers will waste another year with theirs...  that, and you can get rid of the owner.😂

Borrego had a team that shouldn't of been in the play-in games.  But he just loved to have those random skids when we should have been rolling.  They should have been in the Toronto/Bulls tier with how they played. Time for them to land a big and a fresh HC that can coach up a playoff squad with Miles & Lamelo.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

At least MJ did the right thing and got rid of Borrego

23 > 33 > 43…

…only the Sun & Warriors have also gone +10, +10 in same time frame.

Bear case is consistent lack of defensive effort signals the players had given up on or tuned out Coach.

Jordan won’t pay up for a top/established coach…he’ll just hire another scrub or newbie.

• Pie 1

On 4/15/2022 at 11:38 AM, jayboogieman said:

An actual winning season. 😆

And for the Hornets babysteps like that are needed.

Full Disclosure: I am not a basketball fan and don't follow the Hornets.

My general impression from listening to fans talk though was that most people liked Borrego.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My general impression from listening to fans talk though was that most people liked Borrego.

From what I've always seen, it was a fairly even split between those that liked him and those that didn't. I didn't mind him. The team improved each year under JB, but they lost the play-in game badly this year and last year. Guess the Hornets' FO decided he just couldn't get the team to take the next step and parted ways. 🤷‍♂️

• Beer 1

I'm a casual hornets fan but I thought they lost too many to the worst teams.  They could have been in the top 6 if they had beat the teams they should have.

To be fair, they did win more against better teams this year.  I won't pretend I know if jb should have been retained but it seemed they underperformed their talent to me.

• Beer 1

47 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Full Disclosure: I am not a basketball fan and don't follow the Hornets.

Borrego was closer to a Rivera kinda guy. People liked him but stubborn about playing his vets over talented young guys just sitting on the bench. Also choking in back to back play-in games, basically playing street ball against coaches that came in with playoff level game plans. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Borrego was closer to a Rivera kinda guy. People liked him but stubborn about playing his vets over talented young guys just sitting on the bench. Also choking in back to back play-in games, basically playing street ball against coaches that came in with playoff level game plans. 

Exactly, which is why I think he had plateaued as a professional HC.  I like the man, but Mitch and MJ did the right thing by making the change now with young Melo and Miles.  We can't waste the prime years of exceptional talent while waiting for pro coaches to "figure it out".  We've been down that road too long.