• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is the impetus for the “Keep Pounding” pushaway?

davos

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I get that places like to have an identity. But is it really THAT bad to lose Keep Pounding? Sure, the drum was cool and all. And the chant was cute. But in 20 years the youngins will have zero clue who Mills was/is. They will probably have the same mindset Tepper does. It's like the song they sing when the Eagles score. No one now probably knows why it was started, or what it's about. They just want to yell spell the team name. Life will go on without Keep Pounding, and just like J-E-T-S guy, nothing is stopping the crowd from chanting it anyway.

Yeah, it really is. If we were winning I wouldn't like it but I could see an argument for moving on to something else. But to put up three straight five win seasons and trying to strip the very foundation of what has become the Panthers' culture? 

Yeah, Tepper can go fug himself. He couldn't do a better job of trying to gut this fanbase if he was actively trying to do just that.

"Keep Pounding" is basically the only thing we have left to hold onto.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

his ideal was an expansion team. he couldn't have one so he's trying to turn Carolina into one. 

demo the whole thing, level it, and start over from scratch.

which begs the question..... why be a panthers fan if the owner wants to scrap the whole thing, tear it down, and put something else up in his image? it's not the panthers anymore. it's tepper's imaginary brass ball team.

i'm a panthers fan. this isn't the panthers anymore. this isn't a team i recognize. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

his ideal was an expansion team. he couldn't have one so he's trying to turn Carolina into one. 

which begs the question..... why be a panthers fan if the owner wants to scrap the whole thing, tear it down, and put something else up in his image? it's not the panthers anymore. it's tepper's imaginary brass ball team.

i'm a panthers fan. this isn't the panthers anymore. this isn't a team i recognize. 

Tepper's brass balls were bought on Sharper Image and it shows.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I think that's really the crux of it.  

It's not that we think Keep Pounding is some sweet/awesome catchphrase, it's just something that was, well, US.

It would be something if he hired people to bring in true savviness into our designs, marketing, outreach, et al (the whole organization), but everything that's new just reeks of this middle of the road generic crap.  For being a billionaire and wealthiest owner, his whole aura is very early 00s-Macys shopper.

And sure, it's his prerogative, his money, whatever, but it's not the way to go about it.  He really seems to have bad optics and very surface level decision making.

3 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

It's quite simple: Tepper wants to get rid of every single thing that existed before 2018: players, stadium, coaches, team culture, everything. Can't wait for the color and name change. I recall someone saying on here that he was pushing for that a few years ago.

Color change is never going to happen. CLT FC matching the color scheme proved that.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

when the spanish conquistadores arrived in peru they built churches directly over top of incan holy sites 

These pounding grounds are getting the hammer.  Hope Tepper didn't bring smallpox with him as well

• Flames 1