• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I do NOT want Trevor Penning

shaq

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

He looks really really raw with a lot of upside. Seems like a prospect that needs time before he is ready to start at LT. Maybe a year or two at RT or LG. Really good physical traits but he needs tons of coaching. 

He is the kind of guy that I want us to stay away from in our current situation, we don't need projects but production. Too many good LTs for us to be targeting this guy with the 6th. 

He's a RSr too, so he'll be 23 already. It's not like he's a 21 year old Jr that you have a little time to work with.

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, KeepPounding5859 said:

Draft strategy:

1. Neal

2. Icky

3. Trade back, then target

4. Cross

5. Pickett

6. Carrol

7. Z.Johnson/K. Greene

If we trade back to the 20's, we should recoup at least a 2nd and 3rd round pick.  At that point I would be comfortable with solidifying LG with an actual LG such as Johnson or Green and let BC start at LT.  In the 2nd or 3rd look at someone to develop at LT. Someone like Bernhard Raimann or Nicholas Petit-Frere would be a great grab at that point.

This would have us solid at RT, RG, and C.  Brady has some experience at LT, and a 1st/2nd round LG should not be an issue.

I have Cross as the best LT in this Draft. I'd be ecstatic if he was there at #6.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I have Cross as the best LT in this Draft. I'd be ecstatic if he was there at #6.

Cross is the best LT in the draft. The other 2 will wind up as G or RT due to lack of lateral quickness. Do you really want to take a G or RT at 6?

• Pie 1

I think this is the bum we are targeting after trading back, 

I think we trade back and take 2 lesser guys at LT and QB, instead of getting the BPA at 6. 

We might even trade for a poo QB like Baker or Jimmy G and trade back for Penning and a MLB.

Whatever we do, it will not be taking one of the top 3 LT at 6, this team does not roll like that,

On 4/16/2022 at 10:18 PM, bobcat91 said:

Cross is the best LT in the draft. The other 2 will wind up as G or RT due to lack of lateral quickness. Do you really want to take a G or RT at 6?

For this roster? No. But if we had a top flight RT (or honestly just a good RT) in 2015 we're not a ringless franchise.