• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"What are we doing in the draft" 2022 edition.

Verge

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't see him in the roster, even if he's outright cut. We didn't learn anything from the Teddy debacle. You can't openly poo all over a guy while he's still on your roster. 😂

In this case they may be forced to keep him because they don't have anyone else. It's gotten that bad. 

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Sam Darnold might be on the roster, but there's no way he's the week 1 defacto starter.  They will either draft or trade for someone else.

Yup.  The idea he's our 2023 starter is wishful thinking for the tank-hopeful or just ones who want Rhule gone.  The reality is that the staff trying to save their jobs are about to take another swing at the position.  It ain't Darnold so as much as we may want it, got to accept he won't be pick-6ing the way to #1 overall in 23'.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm very against it. I'd honestly rather stick with Darnold.

Darnold is mainly preferable because of the potential to tank so badly that we might have a great draft pick in 2023. Plus, that should assure Rhule is done.

The reality is that Rhule knows he cannot head into the season with Darnold as QB. He's a shyster but he isn't truly an idiot. 

I think if we take an OT at 6, you can bank on a trade for a QB happening after the draft. 

• Pie 3

Just now, davos said:

Yup.  The idea he's our 2023 starter is wishful thinking for the tank-hopeful or just ones who want Rhule gone.  The reality is that the staff trying to save their jobs are about to take another swing at the position.  It ain't Darnold so as much as we may want it, got to accept he won't be pick-6ing the way to #1 overall in 23'.

Not a single Panthers fan wants to see Sam on the team much less start. What I'm saying is that 3 qbs are needed. Where are the other 2 coming from if you cut Sam? Lord knows I sure don't want Sam as one of them but let's be real here.

1 minute ago, ChuckWag78 said:

I want Sam. Want to see what he looks like with a real OC. Looked great through the first 3 weeks last year, then Brady's system was exposed. 

He looked exactly like I said he'd look. Decent at first and like trash once NFL teams got a bead on him in our system. Teddy isn't good but he had a career year in Brady's system. Sam Darnold is just a trash tier QB.

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Not a single Panthers fan wants to see Sam on the team much less start. What I'm saying is that 3 qbs are needed. Where are the other 2 coming from if you cut Sam? Lord knows I sure don't want Sam as one of them but let's be real here.

Did you see the poll in the other thread? It’s like a third of the tally that want to suffer through Darnold/force Rhule to start him. If there’s not a draftee you like, then it’s pretty dire.

And PJ is here. We basically may land a rookie in the draft, if not, then we’re pursuing that 3rd in Baker, Jimmy or Gardner.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ChuckWag78 said:

I want Sam. Want to see what he looks like with a real OC. Looked great through the first 3 weeks last year, then Brady's system was exposed. 

I would not go so far as to say he looked great.  He looked serviceable at best. He wasn't helped by the sudden case of dropsy's the receivers came down with.  But he's just never going to be a decent qb.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, davos said:

Did you see the poll in the other thread? It’s like a third of the tally that want to suffer through Darnold/force Rhule to start him. If there’s not a draftee you like, then it’s pretty dire.

And PJ is here. We basically may land a rookie in the draft, if not, then we’re pursuing that 3rd in Baker, Jimmy or Gardner.

Of course there are those that want to stick with Sam.  That's only because of the choices we have been presented so far. I understand the logic behind it and I agree that it has merit given the most logical fate of next season. Call it tank or whatever but it is probably going to happen under a qb not named Sam Darnold anyway. 

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He looked exactly like I said he'd look. Decent at first and like trash once NFL teams got a bead on him in our system. Teddy isn't good but he had a career year in Brady's system. Sam Darnold is just a trash tier QB.

I am amazed that anyone can still believe in Darnold. I doubt even the majority of his family truly believe he can be successful in the NFL anymore.

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I would not go so far as to say he looked great.  He looked serviceable at best. He wasn't helped by the sudden case of dropsy's the receivers came down with.  But he's just never going to be a decent qb.

Great may be a streatch to say, but I was personally thrilled with his performace those first weeks. 

• Beer 1