• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers meet with Sam Howell

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Really he didn't navigate the pocket? Considering his pocket was nearly non-existent in 2021.  His pocket presence according to people who actually scout these guys say it's pretty good.

Definitely agree with this because your opinion sounds more like a hater of the player for whatever reason than anything logical. 

I’m definitely not hating on anyone. I wish Sam nothing more than success. If I said something that triggered you on a personal level, I apologize. This is just my thoughts on a football player. 

14 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

When Pitts got hurt he played terrible 

That's demonstrably false.

Pitts got hurt in the Georgia game, only caught two balls.  Fifth ranked Georgia at the time.  Trask went for 474 yards, 4 TD's, 1 INT in a comfortable win.

Without Pitts for the next two weeks, Florida won both, Trask was a combined 9 TD's, 0 INT's, 700+ yards.

The next time Pitts was out was against LSU.  They lost, yes, but only because they missed a game tying FG which Trask got them in position to try from their 25 with 23 seconds.

The last game without Pitts is the one everyone points at as "Oh, he was so bad in the Cotton Bowl".  However, they ignore the fact that Trask wasn't without Pitts.  He was without Pitts, Toney and Grimes.  His top THREE targets.  Against Spencer Rattler.

So no, Trask wasn't terrible without Pitts.  He was pretty darn good.  Does that make him an NFL QB?  I dunno.  He was a damn good college QB though.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Now let's not go crazy here. We are not set on the line by any means. That NC State kid is a mountain of a man that you cannot pass on.

Yup. Neal and Icky are classic “Ozzie Newsome” type players. If Christensen really is good enough to start at OG then the left side of the line is solved for a decade. The entire line is probably solved for the next 5 years until Moton starts going downhill. 

54 minutes ago, BrianS said:

That's demonstrably false.

Pitts got hurt in the Georgia game, only caught two balls.  Fifth ranked Georgia at the time.  Trask went for 474 yards, 4 TD's, 1 INT in a comfortable win.

Without Pitts for the next two weeks, Florida won both, Trask was a combined 9 TD's, 0 INT's, 700+ yards.

The next time Pitts was out was against LSU.  They lost, yes, but only because they missed a game tying FG which Trask got them in position to try from their 25 with 23 seconds.

The last game without Pitts is the one everyone points at as "Oh, he was so bad in the Cotton Bowl".  However, they ignore the fact that Trask wasn't without Pitts.  He was without Pitts, Toney and Grimes.  His top THREE targets.  Against Spencer Rattler.

So no, Trask wasn't terrible without Pitts.  He was pretty darn good.  Does that make him an NFL QB?  I dunno.  He was a damn good college QB though.

I stand corrected the Bowl Game is what I was thinking of.  His numbers also came down against LSU when he was out.  2 TDs and 2 INTs.  You are right though, looking back at the numbers he was still pretty solid.

13 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Brady, and Brown should have gotten playing time last year. Especially once we were out of Play Off contention. All the kids should have. That's a coaching blunder. It sure would be nice, at this time, to know what exactly they are capable of. B

Brady Christensen started 6 games, including 4 of the last 5.  They should have a decent idea of what he is capable of and hopefully with a full off-season of professional conditioning, he will be ok.

No clue why Brown didn't get a shot.  These guys practice during the week.  Maybe he just wasn't ready, although Miller/Jordan/Scott were certainly subpar.  Hard to imagine not cracking that lineup with those guys ahead of you.

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Someone will take him in the 1st. I would almost bet he will go before Willis. I would take him over Pickett and Willis.  

I see things in my head.  It is a gift and a curse.  I see us trading for Baker.

I see Howell going to Detroit.

I see Pickett going to Indianapolis.

I see Ridder in Pittsburgh.

I see Willis in Atlanta.

I see Corral in Tampa Bay.

Now that it is in writing--none of this will happen.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

Brady Christensen started 6 games, including 4 of the last 5.  They should have a decent idea of what he is capable of and hopefully with a full off-season of professional conditioning, he will be ok.

No clue why Brown didn't get a shot.  These guys practice during the week.  Maybe he just wasn't ready, although Miller/Jordan/Scott were certainly subpar.  Hard to imagine not cracking that lineup with those guys ahead of you.

The problem is they moved Brady all over the place. He only started his last 2 games at LT (his natural position) and looked pretty solid. The question is why didn’t we play him there sooner as Erving/Scott weren’t good at all there. 

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I see things in my head.  It is a gift and a curse.  I see us trading for Baker.

I see Willis in Atlanta.

Animated GIF

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The problem is they moved Brady all over the place. He only started his last 2 games at LT (his natural position) and looked pretty solid. The question is why didn’t we play him there sooner as Erving/Scott weren’t good at all there. 

I don't think he looked solid at all.  Was bullrushed with ease.  

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I can't disagree.  I'll just say he was a mid-third round rookie playing one of the most difficult and important positions on the football field.  I think he got a little banged up in there at some point as well.  There was an abundance of caution, but I don't believe malice or incompetence.  In the end, he got the live experience and they got the tape to evaluate.

Having said that, I'm glad they got Campen to develop these guys, as well as signing a couple other guards that seem to know their business.  I believe christensen will flourish this year with a better cast around him.

Brown may take longer.  He may sit another year, then slide into Bozeman or Elflein's spot in 2023.

16 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I see Willis in Atlanta.

Pickett to New Orleans.

Willis to Pittsburgh.

Corral to Tennessee.

Ridder to Detroit.

Howell to Atlanta.

Strong to Seattle.

GLASS TO CAROLINA.

glory GIF

24 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I don't think he looked solid at all.  Was bullrushed with ease.  

Yeah I’m not going by what you saw because apparently it was different that what everyone else saw. His pressures allowed, PFF etc was solid. I don’t think that stops us from drafting a Neal or Icky, but he looked capable. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah I’m not going by what you saw because apparently it was different that what everyone else saw. His pressures allowed, PFF etc was solid. I don’t think that stops us from drafting a Neal or Icky, but he looked capable. 

Agreed. Not sure what that guy saw. However, games that late in the season need to be taken with a grain of salt. 

• Pie 1