• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers terminating Rock Hill project agreements

Dorian Gray

16 minutes ago, poundaway said:

My guess, Tepper was willing to work with them on this.  But when they missed the first deadline, then the second deadline, then accepted York county's help then declined York county's help, Tepper was thinking, do I want to be dealing with this people going forward?  They can't be trusted.  So he pulled the plug.

It was dumb to start the project before they issued those bonds.

Tepper definitely looks silly for just trusting a local gov like that when the contract isn’t air tight.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Tbe said:

It was dumb to start the project before they issued those bonds.

Tepper definitely looks silly for just trusting a local gov like that when the contract isn’t air tight.

And he's paying the price.  York county and the state of SC all trusted RH.  RH burned everyone.

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

My guess, Tepper was willing to work with them on this.  But when they missed the first deadline, then the second deadline, then accepted York county's help then declined York county's help, Tepper was thinking, do I want to be dealing with this people going forward?  They can't be trusted.  So he pulled the plug.

Agree 100%

Amazing RH thought they could finesse him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, CatMan72 said:

Agree 100%

Amazing RH thought they could finesse him.

I think they thought they could fleece him.  In for a penny, in for a pound.  They figured he'd just pay for building  the water and sewer and they would collect the utilities on them. 

They thought he would never walk away, with all he invested, and the embarrassment of a failed project.  He's got billions, what's 200 million?

Pretty sleazy people.  When Tepper realized this, he pulled the plug.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 1

8 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Lol oh well, I tried.

Of course they're comparable, with respect to being two completely out-of-left-field, sudden, gigantic, perplexing, significantly impactful moves for Charlotte sports that clearly had a shroud of behind-the-scenes mystique and obfuscation.  Can you explain a little more why one warrants a "wait-and-see" approach and the other one warrants a rash and impulsive response?  Simply saying "because they're different" is a meaningless rationale.

IMO it's pretty clear the difference here is that you're going to always take the position that is least charitable and in direct opposition to Tepper.  Which is honestly fine and you can argue that it's justified, given Tepper's failures so far which don't really afford him much charitability when there are a ton of question marks. I'd respect it if you came out and said that outright.  But instead, you seem to want to present yourself as this enlightened bastion of objectivity and levelheadedness when I suspect you're just as emotional and biased and reactionary as the average Huddler.  Which again, is fine and justified since we're all fans at the end of the day.  It takes a lot of discipline to be able to remove your fandom from the equation and evaluate these kinds of things from an objective viewpoint.

Yup.

7 hours ago, frankw said:

Generally folks who "don't have any love for Tepper" don't spend several pages arguing on his behalf while pulling in pie from SizzleBuzz. This thread has ran it's course for sure.

What are you even talking about?

Do you have an definitive opinion on the subject or are you just a wannabe tossing popcorn from the stands🤦‍♂️🤣

• Poo 1

18 hours ago, frankw said:

Generally folks who "don't have any love for Tepper" don't spend several pages arguing on his behalf while pulling in pie from SizzleBuzz. This thread has ran it's course for sure.

Here's some pie.  Guess you love David Tepper too now.  Wow that was easy!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 hours ago, CatMan72 said:

Seems pretty clear RH was dragging their feet on the bonds… this whole thing is a mess but that’s the central issue.

If it was enough to terminate the project, my question is why Tepper would agree to the “reasonable best effort” language in the contract… that language in a contract should be a huge red flag.

I’m told that in commercial real estate circles this pretty much constitutes a guarantee of do whatever it takes to get the deal done, period.

If you read the York Co. suit it’s perfectly clear the City of Rock Hill’s “efforts” were in no way “reasonable” and certainly weren’t anything close to their “best”.  

You can read it here if you like:

https://www.fox46.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/109/2022/06/YORK-TEPPER-LAWSUIT.pdf

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 1