• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers terminating Rock Hill project agreements

Dorian Gray

Statement from the Panthers:

On February 26, 2021, the City of Rock Hill became delinquent on their obligation to fund the public infrastructure. Despite our persistent efforts throughout 2021, the City of Rock Hill failed to issue the bonds or provide the funding for the public infrastructure for the project. 

On March 18, 2022, GTRE issued a default notice and the City did not cure its default within the prescribed 30-day cure period. It is unfortunate that some recently decided to conduct a misguided, destructive public relations campaign to obscure their failures.

We have sent notices to the City to formally terminate the previous agreements. Accordingly, we are prepared to sit down with the City and other interested parties to discuss the significant challenges ahead.”

https://www.wcnc.com/article/sports/nfl/panthers/panthers-terminating-rock-hill-south-carolina-project-agreements/275-be9a47a6-22f4-448b-aa84-8801a29278db

• Pie 5

"we are prepared to sit down with the City and other interested parties to discuss the significant challenges ahead" 

Tepper about to rob SC or just hold TC in Charlotte until further notice I bet.   No reason TC can't be held in Charlotte.  Only reason to have it elsewhere is for fans.   

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, travisura said:

Just build it in Charlotte. This whole "two states one team" thing is crap. South Carolinians generally don't give a sh-t about the Panthers.

I haven't noticed a lot of SC people supporting the team either.  Sports bars around Myrtle Beach with carry the game but the farther south you don't see so much.  Talking with people on vacation doesn't reveal a lot of fans either.  I'm sure there are dedicated fans that gather at certain places.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

I haven't noticed a lot of SC people supporting the team either.  Sports bars around Myrtle Beach with carry the game but the farther south you don't see so much.  Talking with people on vacation doesn't reveal a lot of fans either.  I'm sure there are dedicated fans that gather at certain places.

Charleston seems like much more of a college sports town, but I see some Panthers stuff from time to time (though less so lately). I'm sure if we start winning again, they'll be more support throughout both states.

I don't generally go to a sports bar to watch the game, I just watch at home.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

Man... Tepper taking L's left and right. 

IMO the same aggressiveness and cunning that made Tepper his billions is serving him poorly as an NFL owner. While the former is necessary, so is patience and I’m thinking this is Tepper’s Achilles’ heel at times. In hindsight, it may have been better to wait until he fielded a better product before taking on this ambitious project. And we all know about the QB dilemma.

I’ve heard it takes a few years for new NFL owners to really get things figured out. If this is true, buckle up ‘cause it’s going to be a bumpy ride from the looks of it.

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Pie 3