• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers terminating Rock Hill project agreements

Dorian Gray

1 minute ago, frankw said:

This ain't it bud. Tepper isn't some 9-5er on a vacation he's currently the richest owner in the NFL. Ya'll gotta stop with these awkward comparisons.

it's not awkward. having boatloads of money doesn't mean you operate like a 10 year old with a hundred dollar bill.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

Just now, demcj said:

it's not awkward. having boatloads of money doesn't mean you operate like a 10 year old with a hundred dollar bill.

Well it's funny you mention that bc that's exactly what he did when he made Matt Rhule one of the highest paid NFL coaches with 1 year of low level assistant coaching experience.

• Poo 2

1 minute ago, roaddog96 said:

Business is business though, and Rock Hill is trying to change the agreement afterwards because they won't or can't deliver on their end. It's well within his rights as a businessman to say I'm walking away. How much money Tepper has is irrelevant to the conversation. 

Be sure to look back on your take about how the billionaire is well within his rights when it comes time to get the new Panthers stadium funded.

• Poo 1

13 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Charlotte? You like Ocean Isle Beach? I'm from there. That place sucks ass. 

It sucks ass if you live there, not if you visit, have your fun and then peace out. That's true of just about every tourist destination unless you're wealthy enough to live separated from the riff-raff. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, frankw said:

This ain't it bud. Tepper isn't some 9-5er on a vacation he's currently the richest owner in the NFL. Ya'll gotta stop with these awkward comparisons.

A deal is a deal and Tepper fulfilled his contractual obligations.

The anger should be directed at the duly elected Rock Hill politicians who made binding commitments and then didn’t live up to them🤦‍♂️.

Keep this in mind when you vote later this year…

…CLT City Councilman James “Smuggie” Mitchell said YES to The Big Cat when he was trying to usurp public funds for stadium renovations…

…conversely, Governor Pat McCrory said NO.

Both are back on the ballot this year 🤔.

For The Record:  I am completely against giving team owners public funds for stadiums/projects. 

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

26 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

The fact that York County did not step in, tells me they did not approve of this site in that location.

Reports were York County did. 

once this thing officially blows up we should start to get some clarification on some things and what actually went on.  I don’t think the full truth of all the talks is on the table yet.  It will be once there is officially no chance in it being saved 

• Pie 3