• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers terminating Rock Hill project agreements

Dorian Gray

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

Members of the Council.   They said the Panthers were brought and a deal was agreed upon.  Then the Panthers changed their minds on it and it never became formal. 

LOL.  They presented the idea of a new deal.  Like just because you go up to the Maclaren dealer and tell them you offer them 40k for a new 720 doesn't mean you have a deal. They say, "ahhh..no".   There is no reporting that says the Panthers agreed to a new deal, only that Rock Hill presented one. 

13 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

#FakeNews

Vehaun also says the Panthers were falling short on items they were supposed to provide so they city could issue those bonds. That apparently included project development plans.

”And that information isn’t something the city could provide on anyone’s behalf is that correct?” asks Gettys.

”That’s correct,” replies Vehaun.

Despite these alleged setbacks, Vehaun says everyone was on the same page and the city was ready to issue the bonds.

”We were honestly two weeks away from issuing the debt when we found out that the Panthers asked us to stop,” he explains.

‘Our absolute and professional best’: City leaders speak out about $200M unpaid bonds in Panthers-Rock Hill facility dilemma (live5news.com)

Then you have someone from York County Council said they brought in the Panthers and worked out a deal.   But then Tepper went dark and wouldn't make it official. 

That's not fake news.  That just me referencing what the news reported.  

I'd like to know more about that before I pity Tepper lol.  Maybe he was 100% wronged.  He hasn't earned that type of assumption IMO. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

This ain't it bud. Tepper isn't some 9-5er on a vacation he's currently the richest owner in the NFL. Ya'll gotta stop with these awkward comparisons.

If you cant hold your end of the deal then you dont make the deal to begin with.  That's on them.  No one else.

53 minutes ago, Tbe said:

All the info I’ve seen has been very consistent. I’ve heard a few York County councilmen admit that rock hill defaulted. That’s why york scrambled so fast to create a new deal last month.

This entire thing is simple. Rock Hill wanted the project, Covid hit, rockhill couldn’t pay.

I don’t think either side was up to something malicious, but contracts are still contracts.

You know how when you sign a lease on an apartment, they do a background and credit check first before they enter into a contract with you...?

Tepper and everyone else knew RH couldn't afford it before covid happened.

As a native Charlottean now living in SC, I  say build the practice facility up there and change it to the Charlotte Panthers.  Charlotte is the 15th largest city in the  US by population now, unlike in 95 when they needed the "Carolinas" to sell the NFL into coming here.

I get to root for my home team,  and not pay the taxes to build that and a new stadium that Tepper is going to fleece Charlotte for.  Win/win.

merciless evil laugh GIF

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

15 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Are you sure you have all the facts on that?  Maybe there's a fact that might come out where RH factually isn't in fact at fault at all?  We don't have the factual facts, and thats a fact.

Facts

Enough out there to know RH is going to bare some responsibility in they end for this.  Not sure why you are so aggressive in Tepper being 100% cleared of any wrong.  Safe bet in life is both won't look great.  That's a pretty tame and boring position I am taking.   As is the position that once it implodes we get a lot more info and insight than we have had. 

1 hour ago, Panther'sBigD said:

It sucks ass if you live there, not if you visit, have your fun and then peace out. That's true of just about every tourist destination unless you're wealthy enough to live separated from the riff-raff. 

My buddy visited there with family and wasn't a fan either. So yeah...........like I stated. It sucks ass. The food on every restaurant there is trash. The beach is meh. Better off staying at Sunset because the beach is better and eating the food in Calabash. 

2 hours ago, travisura said:

Just build it in Charlotte. This whole "two states one team" thing is crap. South Carolinians generally don't give a sh-t about the Panthers.

He just wants a bidding war between the Carolinas. I hope he's not that dumb to think a practice facility is going to pull in a significant number of SC fans. 

Edited by MechaZain