• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers terminating Rock Hill project agreements

Dorian Gray

This entire thing is bizarre and toxic. All of it. Both teams and the way everything is run.

It's a usual business function but it also looks like crap. I was sure the county was going to step up but now it is nuked.

I think the teams being moved is very much on the table if he can't get his new mega stadium.

6 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

You mean filing for bankruptcy to avoid taking the hit on a project that he half assed?

If he really cared about the Rock Hill project he’d have found a way to make it work with or without the city.

And before some jack wagon fires back that he shouldn’t have to finance the project by himself…

1) He bought the team, so in fact any and all upgrades should fall on him and a plan should have been in place before he started digging random holes in the middle of South Carolina.

2) If Stan Kroenke can afford to privately finance SoFi (one of the most expensive NFL stadiums in history), then I’m sure the supposed “richest” owner in the NFL can afford to build his pleasure palace with his own money.

I mean he clearly cared but a contract is a contract is a contract. It wasn’t in the contract for him to foot the entire bill. If it were I’d be ready to raise my pitchforks with you but from my lense the city of Rock Hill dropped the ball and Tepper is just protecting assets by filing for bankruptcy protection. Tepper isn’t perfect nor a Saint and has made some absolutely befuddling moves but I still don’t find him at fault in this. I’m not a Tepper apologist I just think people are so mad at him for the state of the Panthers even when things go wrong they aren’t his fault people wanna blame him. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Why does a billionaire owner who has created a habit of leaving a trail of failure across the Carolinas need multiple people on the huddle to be his official spokesperson?

Because people post silly things like this?

He’s made plenty of mistakes but everyone is trying to get pie clout for every mishap.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

He’s made plenty of mistakes but everyone is trying to get pie clout for every mishap.

More mishaps than successes to date. It's not just bitching but what has become a growing list of red flags and failures.

4 losing years in a row hasn't left a lot of room for celebration and positivity. Now the soccer team looks to be headed in the same direction. When something actually changes then let's start talking about that but at this point it's still headed in the wrong direction. That isn't  pie clout but unhappy customers. 

7 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

What you call a mishap others would describe as a festering mess and an embarrassment to the franchise. Just because you want these discussions to be had with delicacy and sweet pleasantries does not change the facts of the matter. The failures are stacking up.

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

More mishaps than successes to date. It's not just bitching but what has become a growing list of red flags and failures.

4 losing years in a row hasn't left a lot of room for celebration and positivity. Now the soccer team looks to be headed in the same direction. When something actually changes then let's start talking about that but at this point it's still headed in the wrong direction. That isn't  pie clout but unhappy customers. 

I’ll agree the unhappy customers part and I think the general issue is that something like the filing “is a black eye” not really it’s business practice.

My thing is when Tepper got the panthers it’s not like we were in the Patriots or Packers realm of winning. 

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

I mean he clearly cared but a contract is a contract is a contract. It wasn’t in the contract for him to foot the entire bill. If it were I’d be ready to raise my pitchforks with you but from my lense the city of Rock Hill dropped the ball and Tepper is just protecting assets by filing for bankruptcy protection. Tepper isn’t perfect nor a Saint and has made some absolutely befuddling moves but I still don’t find him at fault in this. I’m not a Tepper apologist I just think people are so mad at him for the state of the Panthers even when things go wrong they aren’t his fault people wanna blame him. 

I don’t fault him for protecting assets. I fault him for swindling Rock Hill to begin with… I mean did he really convince them that they were going get to host the NFL draft?

He conned South Carolina so he wouldn’t have to foot the bill for his new playground and when South Carolina couldn’t afford it he bailed, I get that.

But as I mentioned previously, this should have never happened to begin with. The richest owner in the NFL shouldn’t be looking for handouts and help for his real life Madden GM Mode.

If Kroenke can foot his bill for his stadium which is nearly six times more expensive than the Rock Hill project, Tepper can foot his.

He has no interest in the Carolina’s, he has interest in money.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I don’t fault him for protecting assets. I fault him for swindling Rock Hill to begin with… I mean did he really convince them that they were going get to host the NFL draft?

He conned South Carolina so he wouldn’t have to foot the bill for his new playground and when South Carolina couldn’t afford it he bailed, I get that.

But as I mentioned previously, this should have never happened to begin with. The richest owner in the NFL shouldn’t be looking for handouts and help for his real life Madden GM Mode.

If Kroenke can foot his bill for his stadium which is nearly six times more expensive than the Rock Hill project, Tepper can foot his.

He has no interest in the Carolina’s, he has interest in money.

He didn't con anyone. The city of Rock Hill conned him by promising to pay and then refusing to do so. The fault lies entirely with the city here,

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1