• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deebo

Barney

Part of the reason people want to trade for Samuel is the way the 49ers have been using him.

Part of the reason he wants to be traded is that he doesn't want to be used like that anymore.

Samuel reportedly doesn't want to play the "Swiss Army Knife" role. He wants to be used strictly as a receiver.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Besides CB, WR is the nest best group on the roster.

For me, Ive not gotten even close to the point where I want to pay any WR 30 per...... just insane to pay that to a player that only touches the ball like 5 times, yea they affect the play and all, just dont see the 30 mill effect in my eyes. Id much rather pay some 2TE 15 each and control the edges and middle of the field....plus both would be the highest paid. Divas cry the most...

On 4/20/2022 at 5:35 PM, Basbear said:

Besides CB, WR is the nest best group on the roster.

For me, Ive not gotten even close to the point where I want to pay any WR 30 per...... just insane to pay that to a player that only touches the ball like 5 times, yea they affect the play and all, just dont see the 30 mill effect in my eyes. Id much rather pay some 2TE 15 each and control the edges and middle of the field....plus both would be the highest paid. Divas cry the most...

I agree. Always through it weird to pay a player a lot of money that may or may not get the ball thrown to him any given game. 

Let’s say the Team you are facing has a lockdown CB and eliminated that expensive WR. You just paid him a lot of money to do nothing. 

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Barney said:

I was really just kidding around.  Would love to have Debo, but we have much bigger issues.  I would like to see Robbie shipped somewhere else.  Dude got the big contract and laid an egg

So was I.  While we would be deadly with a guy like Deebo, theres just not enough cash to go around and these WR salaries are getting downright insane.

The only way Deebo is Deebo is when he is in the SF offense.  Here, he'd make a less of an impact in all likelihood, and there is some talk that Deebo does not want to be used like a Deebo any longer because he is getting beat down (see Newton, Cam).  He will not have a long career in his current role.  I expect his prime will end around age 27 and he will be out of the league by age 30--like most RBs.

• Pie 1

In a perfect world hell yea I’ll take take deebo and or jimmy if we have too … I’d give up the 6th overall pick and more also giving deebo a big contract… tepper wants a billy for a headquarters in tax payer money he better start putting out a product that atleast assumes he trying to win it all …

with the addition with jimmy and deebo and hopefully and vet starter or good rookie to help out the oiline. With horn coming into his own we could be a dark house playoff team….