• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Athletic mock projects NC State tackle to Panthers

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I just came watching that. How can someone watch this and not think he can play LT.  That's crazy

It's a highlights clip.

The plays you want to watch are how badly does he get beat against elite competition / how does he recover?

4 minutes ago, Centerfield said:

I think his ceiling is higher than the other two and is the best pass protector. Cross is great .. if he were on Bama he's the consensus best T in class.

I mean, agree to disagree. The other guys are better athletes and far more physically dominant players.

Doesn't mean they will be better but their ceilings are very obviously higher.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Seems like the aim is to always screw the Panthers?!

More likely is the fact that the Panthers just-less-than-perpetual-mediocrity consistently places them in a draft position where you are easily screwed.

Edited by tiger7_88
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

To be fair you can turn it off for a day and a half anyway. We won't be picking again until Day 3.

You obviously didn’t watch last year. 

I’ll be surprised if we aren’t picking on day two. I expect we will, possibly even multiple times. 

52 minutes ago, scratched said:

I will place a small wager that whatever our plan is, that the Saints will jump in front of us and screw it up! 

It would be the best win if the iants traded to 5 to draft ANY of the QBs, i will take that as a 1000% win and take 3 shots.

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

What is so impressive is not only Ickey's on the field play, but the guy obviously has his head screwed on correctly.  Tremendous individual and I really hope we draft this young man!

gonna pull for that guy no matter what team he goes to.  What a great smile.  

• Pie 2

On 4/21/2022 at 4:06 PM, Panthers Rhule said:

I always call for Pickett, buuuuuut Ekwonu is my fav LT of the big 3. He's a beast and he's a nasty m'fugga. After listening to Camden and based on him being my LT choice I would have to say if he is there then we take him and kick the QB can down the road a little further. Adding him to the roster would at least allow us to run the dang ball for once. That way, whoever is trying to pass for us at least won't have to do it too often. 

I think he's just too good to pass on there. Even for a QB. By QB I mean PIckett. 🤪

People that don’t get excited about tackles need to pay attention to the niners with Shanahan and now the Phins with McDaniel. Who did both of those offensive gurus prioritize in free agency? Trent Williams and Teron Armstead. Icky has basically the same dimensions as Williams and has the same descriptor. He’s nasty. He’s physical. You can put him at OT and he’s quick enough to pull as a lead blocker in the run game. He’s elite. The entire niners offense is predicated on Trent Williams and Deebo. 

This is a copy cat league. Make our O about CMC, DJ and Icky. The end. Screw who’s at QB. Run the ball into the ground, control clock, don’t turn it over and play elite defense. Don’t overthink this pick. If Icky or Neal are there this team better sprint to the table. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

On 4/21/2022 at 9:37 PM, Captain Morgan said:

gonna pull for that guy no matter what team he goes to.  What a great smile.  

If he’s not gone by 6 (its hard to believe he wouldn’t be) Fitterer needs to sprint to the podium. Screw trading down. Figure out QB later. The entire OL is set for the next 5 years. The LT spot is set for 10. 

• Pie 3