• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Borrego is out

bLACKpANTHER

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

According to Rod Boone, JB's firing was Kupchak's decision and MJ signed off on it. The article also goes into talking about potential new hires a little. Open the link in a private window to get around the pay wall.

That all sounds about right. I can't for the life of me understand why McDaniels got 20 minutes a game playing with very little energy, and JT Thor would come in randomly for a couple minutes here and there and get everyone pumped up with a block or dunk etc. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

According to Rod Boone, JB's firing was Kupchak's decision and MJ signed off on it. The article also goes into talking about potential new hires a little. Open the link in a private window to get around the pay wall.

All this is why we shouldn't jump to conclusions. I hope that this is what happened, it makes more sense and is much better for all involved. 

It is clear that JB's message stopped getting through and some players need to be let go. Keep the core intact and go from there. 

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Yeah so what about his reputation for turning teams around and leading them to playoff victories? He developed our young players and then failed at almost everything after that.

It was the correct decision to move on.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

4 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Yeah so what about his reputation for turning teams around and leading them to playoff victories? He developed our young players and then failed at almost everything after that.

It was the correct decision to move on.

At best he developed Miles a bit, Melo is naturally talented but don't see any coaching improvement from last year. He then proceeded to play mostly journeyman vets over Thor/Kai/Bouknight who Kupchak is probably frustrated are not getting their developmental minutes. I kinda wish he hadn't gotten Plumlee or Trez for the year so he would have been forced to play/develop the young guys instead of stick with stubborn safe rotations. Lazy coaching in my opinion

• Pie 3

13 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yup when no one wants to block or rebound and you have JT Thor/Kai wasting away on the bench it made no sense to me. Isiah Thomas is cool but you just drafted Bouknight in the 1st and proceeded to bench him basically the whole year. No "development" in moves like these

Jt Thor looked like the best defender on the team earlier in the season when he was getting minutes. Soon as McDaniels got healthy he went back to the end of the bench. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2