• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting

Zod

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I have to admit I will be glad when the draft is over so everyone can stop speculating and start whining.  

The whining has not stopped for the past 6 months. 

At one point there were 10 weekly threads repeating the same drool - Matt rhule sucks, matt rhule is fat, matt rhule is stoopid.....

• Pie 1

I would prefer to trade down and get a QB and LT.  

However, what if we decide to run with Darnold since we have upgraded our O-line so much that they feel he'll play better this year.  Plus they may have decided to give Christensen a full year at LT.  We drafted him to play LT, 2022 he should be given the chance. 

We aren't as strong on defense as we were last year and we could use another body to rush the passer or if Sauce fell to us.  Team him with Horn and we'd have 2 shut down corners for the next 4 years. 

It also reminds me of the interview with Campen last week where he said there could be a solid LT in the lower rounds.   Maybe we have a target for one of these lower round picks and would address the position then.

14 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I would prefer to trade down and get a QB and LT.  

However, what if we decide to run with Darnold since we have upgraded our O-line so much that they feel he'll play better this year.  Plus they may have decided to give Christensen a full year at LT.  We drafted him to play LT, 2022 he should be given the chance. 

We aren't as strong on defense as we were last year and we could use another body to rush the passer or if Sauce fell to us.  Team him with Horn and we'd have 2 shut down corners for the next 4 years. 

It also reminds me of the interview with Campen last week where he said there could be a solid LT in the lower rounds.   Maybe we have a target for one of these lower round picks and would address the position then.

I think its just toooo much or just a bad timing or wrong to use early draft resources on a QB form this group. This isnt a cream draft and its lacks QB talent too. Maybe 20+ players form last years draft Id take before anyone in this draft, including 5 QBs. 

I think the Minshews, Bakers types are the best form of improving the QB spot this year. 

I do feel the LT is petty deep and Campen has right about there being a few decent LT options late in the draft. Edge and OT are the best groups, QBs are the worst. 

• Pie 1

i mean…losing Reddick and Brown catching butterflies, our best dlineman is ‘almost a sack’ Burns…

it was a huge liability last season and is a big issue, it is going to be pretty bad imo even with the decent signing 

all those olineman at the top aren’t going to work out I am sure they have one they really like and if he is gone, no sense in taking someone you’re meh on if you like  a dlineman

and taking a qb you don’t see the future is not smart either 

i wouldn’t complain unless 3 years from now it was an obvious disaster and that’s one of these qbs works out

There is a pretty big chance Thib, Walker, and Sauce could be available when we pick.  Hell, all 3 could be available if it's a combo of Aiden, Stingley, Neal, Johnson, Cross, Icky, a few possibilities.

BUT--if they would be willing to consider a DE or CB (AGAIN) and at 6 OVERALL, then I'm honestly pissed they wouldn't be looking at Garrett Wilson at 6.  This is our highest pick since Cam, and it would be nice to have an offense that doesn't fall off the rocker without CMC.  Honestly, if we're rolling into 2023 with basically just Moore and the hope that Marshall and Tremble don't bust, we're going to be a bad shape REALLY quick yet again on offense no matter the QB.  CMC could beout, Moton older, Bozeman is a 1-year.  We basically have secured Moton, Moore, and Corbett.  Marshall smells like a bust, Shi the same, hoping Tremble takes the big leap.

Wilson is hands down the best playmaker in the draft in the mold of a Diggs and Kupp.  And those are the types taking their teams to the next level.  Chase, Kupp, Diggs, I'd like to see Cousins without Jefferson.  Rams don't win the SB without Kupp.  He was the real 2021 MVP.

So, if they're being all ridiculous and don't feel inclined to get a OL or QB, then go the best offensive impact available in an offensive driven league.  That would be the true forward thinking approach.  Add OLs throughout the rest of the draft and hand that arsenal of Moore/Wilson off to a rookie in 2023. 

They're setting the offense up to fall apart the second it may get good.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, davos said:

There is a pretty big chance Thib, Walker, and Sauce could be available when we pick.  Hell, all 3 could be available if it's a combo of Aiden, Stingley, Neal, Johnson, Cross, Icky, a few possibilities.

And see honestly, I can see it being the exact opposite.

Jags - Hutch

Lions - Walker

Texans - Sauce

Jets - Thibs

6 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

And see honestly, I can see it being the exact opposite.

Jags - Hutch

Lions - Walker

Texans - Sauce

Jets - Thibs

Yeah this draft is the biggest tossup I’ve ever seen. There was some anonymous GM quote about how they think the online rankings are going to look silly where they see who goes in the first (and who doesn’t) 

• Pie 1

Regarding the Jags...

The Jaguars do have a smart football person in the room, but he's third in the pecking order. The ultimate decision is going to be made via debate between a team owner and top decision maker, neither of whom have any clue what they're doing.

I mean, what a terrible situation that must b...

Sh-t 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1