• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mitch Kupchak appreciation thread..

WOW!!

fug DKM and new Media YouTube idiots...

Mitch just turned a 2nd round pick (Devante Graham) into a top 15 pick..

We have 2 picks this year in the top 15..

We've never had so much consistent success in drafting players as we had with Mitch.. And we are a vet coach and defensive Center with experience away from consistent playoff success..

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Panthera onca said:

He has committed GM malpractice by refusing to get us a functional big man. It is crippling this team that otherwise has so much potential.

He isn't jesus christ.. He can't turn water into wine.. What deal was he supposed to do that was actually offered??

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

He isn't jesus christ.. He can't turn water into wine.. What deal was he supposed to do that was actually offered??

I’m not privy to the inside dealings but I’m pretty sure he could have done better than Mason frigging Plumlee. How many years has Kup been here now? And we still don’t have a serviceable big man. That’s malpractice.

5 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

I’m not privy to the inside dealings but I’m pretty sure he could have done better than Mason frigging Plumlee. How many years has Kup been here now? And we still don’t have a serviceable big man. That’s malpractice.

Pretty sure isn't a fact.. You nor I have no idea what was actually out there to be had...  But to blame him for building everything else on the roster and forgetting the Center position is a little short sighted..

5 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

It’s ok WOW, it’s obvious you want to create a Kupchak circle jerk while not recognizing his shortcomings. He has done some good things and also some not so good things.

It's okay you don't understand how the NbA works.. And most of your NBA knowledge coming from 2K..

Just Because you want  a quality C doesn't mean teams have to give you one...

Bitching about 1 position with no clue what was actually available and who we can actually get is what??

Even if you want to make that such a drastic shortcoming.. What about the pro's he has done while on the job..

1. Dam near every drafted player picked has developed into a valuable asset.. 1st and 2nd rounders..

2. Got you a Star player and foundation piece to the franchise..

3. Fixed the cap situation while adding assets..

4. Built a competitive fun roster night to night..

5. Greensboro is actually working as a feeder system to the big squad..

6. The team has multiple assets and movable contracts for years to come..

Don't the Pros outweigh the cons of not being able to magically get Embid, Gobert or Joker??

• Pie 1

He’s not infallible and I don’t think he’s tried hard enough to address the deficit at center. We have been getting absolutely abused in the post for years and nothing is ever done to deal with it. It is similar to the Panthers trotting out trash at the left tackle position since Gross retired. It’s a huge problem. Obviously we can’t get dudes like you mentioned but dudes like Drummond and Turner have been dangled in the past with no bites on our part. He also signed Hayward to that monstrosity of a contract which will be very difficult to move.