• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam will get one more shot this year.

Jmac

31 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

And before you say, "But what about Jaycee Horn???" Well, he did look good, for a Panther. He was like the tallest dandelion in a yard about to be mowed. 

Horn looked great against two rookie [edit QBs] and an exhausted Saints team. The jury is still very much out on him.

Edited by trueblade
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Robby Anderson, Luvu, Hartfield 

Robby....eh. Debatable. His first year was quite good, I will give you that.

Luvu is a nice addition but is he really a core guy or a good depth guy? Hartfield is basically a JAG. Not a bad player but he could be replaced by any number of free agents.

You are kind of making my point, even if you include Robby, the free agent signings haven't done much to bolster what was the least talented roster in the NFL(post 2019 teardown).

3 hours ago, WOW!! said:

I don't see why that matters when my Hope's are based on this new Configuration of coaches and Fitt having more power.. Which is new to this offseason not last years.. Having stronger more experienced voices in the room seem to be the difference in Eflin and Eriving compare to Bozeman and Colbert..

Yeah well people were also trying to justify Elflein and Erving last offseason too. I will believe Bozeman and Colbert are what we need when they show it on Sundays.

That's pretty much my general opinion of our talent evaluation at this point.

I was cautiously optimistic when these guys were first fired and even after the first season. They lost me since then. They have to prove this poo on the field.

2 hours ago, trueblade said:

Horn looked great against two rookie [edit QBs] and an exhausted Saints team. The jury is still very much out on him.

Yeah, we definitely cannot chalk him up as a hit quite yet. I will say his work ethic seems to be very high caliber, so that bodes very well for him(and us).

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Having been to games during the Rhule, Tepper, Darnold era, I see no way the franchise can trot Darnold back out there 

I’m having a hard time even seeing Rhule back out there much less Darnold 

people who only see this team on tv have no idea how ugly game day has gotten 

incompetence on a pro level is not easily forgiveable by the home fans  

I look for the Panthers to get a LT  at 6 in the draft if one is there

Then, i see them  either getting Mayfield or Jimmy one a one year rental for a next year 3rd or 4th if that trading team takes half the salary   

they may also trade to get a qb in the second rd to groom in addition to either mayfield or Jimmy 

i would not be surprised at a release of Darnold 

after all, what’s worse for Rhule then the media constantly reminding him of his mishandling of the most important position on the field then having an $18 million backup as the tv cameras pan to him handling the clipboard 

if no LT is there, and no trade partner, then all bets are off. DE or Kyle Hamilton, come on down 

Thank God ya didn't use logic.

11 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Women don't think of me as a "friend."  What's that like?

I respect them, hugger. What Cam's interview comments contained were called microgressions.  So for me to be against Cam's comments, I am for women.  Duh. 

The Cam train has left the station. He is not coming back to save the day.  Heck, Fidget Spinners and pagers are also not coming back.  Sorry if this is all news to you.

Yeah. My original comment checks out. 

3 minutes ago, Chad_Cota said:

Like or not it's the right move. If we get 8 wins, I will be impressed. 

It's the safest move for the future of the franchise.. No more assets losses under this lame duck coaching staff and a better roster with more assets for the next group. 

On 4/24/2022 at 7:57 PM, ladypanther said:

With a better Oline Sam will be better (unless his PTSD is too severe).  He won't be great and not good enough to save Rhule.  Rhule needs to go back to college.  He is not an NFL coach.  He has had 2 chances to pick a QB. He needs to live with his 2nd try.  Tepper who is reportedly embarrassed, hopefully will veto any attempt by Rhule to mortgage the future.  I am never a person who advocates tanking. I am saying...fix the Oline, make Rhule live with his decisions.  The team will be set up well for the next HC.

I Love Every GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY