• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes Vs Islanders 1:00 PM ESPN+/Bally's Sports

NCTHFL0567

4 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

image.png.685c2482946fc53a858d39c299d6b8c4.png

The Canes have a 4 point lead on the Rangers. The Rangers can get to 114 points if they win out. If the Canes win one of their last 2 games and finish with 114 points, they win the division based on the tie-breakers.  However, should they tie with 114 (Rangers winning out and Canes losing both), here's how the Canes win the division. ROW- the Canes can't be caught with a 4-game advantage.

Tie-breakers:

1. Points

2. ROW (regulation and OT wins only, shootout wins do not count) 51-47 Canes: Winner

3. Head-to-head season series 2-1 Canes: Winner or tie

4. GF minus GA: Canes +73: Winner

5. Tiebreaker game

I blew that, sorry.

"However, should they tie with 114 (Rangers winning out and Canes losing both), here's how the Canes win the division. ROW- the Canes can't be caught with a 4-game advantage."

Duh, Carolina can't lose both and end up with 114 points.

If the Rangers win out and Carolina loses both of their last 2, NY wins the division (114-112).

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

I don't believe so.

LTIR means a player must be expected to miss 10 NHL games and 24 days of the season. Now, the rules don't specify what a "season" is, and if the word "season" includes the playoffs. I believe it to mean the regular season. 

Even if the Canes used LTIR to put another goalie on the roster, here's the rub. The Canes are $467k under the cap. Andersen's salary is $4.5M. Subtract the cap space from the salary and you have about $4M to go out and get an unemployed goalie. And, you still have to take the cap hit of $4M. Although LTIR allows you to exceed the cap for the purpose of filling the roster, the cap hit remains and, at some point becomes due.

Anyone know of any veteran, unemployed goalies who can sit short term for the next couple months? I don't know of any.

I have no idea but I don’t like the thought of having to run two rooks in goal.