• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pauline doubles down: “Cross won’t fall past 6”

FuFuLamePoo

I never got a good read on Cross. Plays are almost over by the time he engaged the defender. Tony has real draft sources and has been in the draft game before it got mainstreamed. 

The olllllllld thought about teaching pass block vs run block, nearly all say teaching passing is much harder. Run blocking can be greatly improved by simply doing weight-room lifts over&over til you get stronger. Pass is heavily technique-based with lots of foot work. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

I never got a good read on Cross. Plays are almost over by the time he engaged the defender. Tony has real draft sources and has been in the draft game before it got mainstreamed. 

The olllllllld thought about teaching pass block vs run block, nearly all say teaching passing is much harder. Run blocking can be greatly improved by simply doing weight-room lifts over&over til you get stronger. Pass is heavily technique-based with lots of foot work. 

This is a parody post, right?

I think the Saints will try to get down to 5 or lower to get Pickett. It fits their style and screws Tepper for taking Horn who they were trying to move up to take last year before we rained on their parade.  Kills 2 birds with one stone.  I think we trade back if we can or get our LT.  None of these qbs are worth hitching your wagon to versus a safe OT. 

8 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

With our defense and RBs we could win like that. Maybe add another downhill guy into the rotation and we'd have 2 finesse and 2 power backs to mix up. Backfield by committee and replacements for injuries to keep things running. Pun intended. 

As I said last year, yes, you can win with this formula, but it's much harder and leaves little room for error. One or two bad calls by the refs and your 17-13 win becomes a 21-17 loss.

At some point, you're gonna face a Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert type of QB that you'll have to put up 24+ points to have a chance. Run, run, pass, punt, won't get you there.

47 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

I’m fine with any of the top 3 tackles at 6, if they aren’t there trade down if anyone actually wants to move up. 

Im also ok with not taking one of the qb’s in this class with the exception of Willis and I’m really not 100% sold on him.

This..

Cross is a better run blocker than he is given credit for. He played in a RPO offense as a Freshman and even then had a mean streak. Most of the film people watch is from his past 2 years in Leach's Air Raid. He is a prototypical LT and is a 10 year plug and play. We haven't had that in many years. It is past time to invest in the OL

4 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Wouldnt be suprised if we walked away with Cross and Howell when it's all said and done. 

I'd be ok with this. Take Cross at 6 and trade back up into the 3rd for Howell. Probably won't have much more picks left after that, and I'd be fine with that being our entire draft this year.

On 4/25/2022 at 9:52 PM, Basbear said:

Only to fans with the football insight to blindly support trading for Sam "durRrr" Darnold before and weeks afterwards..

Here you go, hun. Watch the first three plays of that game and tell me "the play is over by the time he engaged his defender".

• Beer 1