• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2022 Mock Draft

Verge

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I will bet with you on Howell. My original bet offered(to LG) was Howell versus the field. We can discuss metrics and timeline but I am willing to wager a substantial amount.

I’m down to bet on that because Howell was one of two QBs in this class I felt comfortable with 

Just now, Varking said:

I’ll take it! 🙂 I think he goes early second personally but I like friendly bets. 

Deal! I think its the sweet spot and honestly if I was a huge Howell fan take that in a heartbeat....but Im not....

I think signs are gone, so its the avatar rights til week one regular season? 

9 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I keep dancing around 3 or 4 or 2....I do think Willis is the only true QB lock to go in the first. I would bet on corral, ridder, or pickett or against them...that late 1st gets crazy....2 QBs may be the 31 and 32 picks....lions are a team I feel will try to trade up for one...but honestly no idea.

I think 1 or 2 will go in the first. I think the league is going to show they aren't enthusiastic about this crop.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Deal! I think its the sweet spot and honestly if I was a huge Howell fan take that in a heartbeat....but Im not....

I think signs are gone, so its the avatar rights til week one regular season? 

Wait…what are the stakes?  Nevermind…avatar choice

Edited by Shocker

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I think 1 or 2 will go in the first. I think the league is going to show they aren't enthusiastic about this crop.

I think the league already has with the abnormal QB movements this offseason and more retreads being offered starting jobs...

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’m down to bet on that because Howell was one of two QBs in this class I felt comfortable with 

I think we should hammer out the period of time and also the measures we will use.

I suggest length of rookie contract, so 3 or 4 years considering most won't be first rounders. Pick 3 or 4 as the mark.

For Metrics, I suggest PFR's Career AV, Total YPG(passing and rushing), Total TD's Per Game(passing and rushing), Total TO's per game(passing and rushing), Completion Percentage, QB Record(PFR stat) and Games Started.

This is a good combination of various measures of success and adds up to an odd number of categories, which will help avoid a push. The wager being that Howell WILL NOT lead more of these categories than he leads.

Debate any changes to these metrics now, then we can get into the wager amount itself.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The one spot the league is insane about is the QB, even with most of the league not happy with the crop. All it takes is a panic-driven GM/owner/HC to pick a QB form this group in the mid-late 1st and swear other teams missed on a HOFer..... Just like Cam, QBs make teams go crazy....

I think you are the smart money with only 2 QBs, if made me pick right now Id say 3.....but could change before the draft. 

Edited by Basbear