• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Wonderlic Scores

Varking

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

I wouldnt say that, its a tiny piece of the huge formula... I mean all the answer were/are online and smart agents have perp'd their players to them..... I wonder what Darnold got, given his mental struggles.....bet his agent showed him the answers tho....

I think Fitzmagic got a 49, just look at the big brain on him=

DnPl1LiWwAAzzho.thumb.jpg.80fc3e18d6703d7d2e2a37c81bf4872e.jpg

99CFD295-559F-46BD-8F88-A44DA66D83B7.thumb.jpeg.8eb4effa6e2d8c41cd729b4fef81b9f4.jpeg

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 2
  • Flames 3

15 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I think GPA would be the best indicator. If you aren't willing to put in the study time during college, you probably aren't going to put in the study time in the League, especially when you are already under contract making bank.  Granted some banking more so that others.

I disagree. They aren't in college to get degrees. They are in college to play football.

The best indicators are what they have always been. Talent, football intelligence and work ethic. Trying to deduce football success from something that has limited or no relevance to football isn't logical.

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

I thought the test was gone for "reasons".....Plus if i remember right Jeff George, Micheal Vick, and the lowest of low Vince Young each had single digits? I think Vince was like a 3, claim he didnt like the test and never tried to answer any questions after the first couple. It would hard press to find more lively arms than those 3.. The public is not suppose to know the scores, but agents always leak them if their clients score high....

If the test has a racial bias then it's double oof Hd Pursed Lips GIF

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, t96 said:

Nah it’s pretty meaningless. https://wonderlictestpractice.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores/

multiple hall of famers sub-20 and multiple busts in the 40s.

Yeah and there are great WRs who ran 4.7 and busts who ran 4.3. It's still relevant information and a data point. If the lack of a perfect forecasting record makes an evaluation tool pretty meaningless then it's all pretty meaningless. The reality is it's all just data points and part of the bigger picture and overall evaluation.

• Pie 3

12 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Oof with Picketts low physical ceiling and needing 5 years at average college competition to produce a solid season do not want. Watching film breakdowns I feel like Malik already had some NFL worthy mental decisions when scrambling even though he was in a limited system with sub par Wr's. Pickett has a lot of really questionable softballs thrown into zone coverage that would equate to many interceptions in the NFL.  Malik usually throws a to the sidelines kinda thing where only his WR can get it/throwaway play to live for the next down. 

I dont get this evaluation at all.  Willis's reads in general are one of his biggest question Mark's that I've seen.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah and there are great WRs who ran 4.7 and busts who ran 4.3. It's still relevant information and a data point. If the lack of a perfect forecasting record makes an evaluation tool pretty meaningless then it's all pretty meaningless. The reality is it's all just data points and part of the bigger picture and overall evaluation.

Speed actually can directly correlate to success on the field. I've never seen anything to suggest that wonderlic scores correlate at all to success on the field. It's a generic "IQ" test with questions that aren't relevant to football at all. There are a lot of dumbasses who can see the field and understand the game. And a lot of insanely smart people who can't. Also plenty of people don't test well when under pressure in a situation like that, and a lot of NFL prospects don't take it seriously knowing that it isn't really much of a factor. NFL teams don't really care about it. There's a reason it's going away.

11 minutes ago, t96 said:

Speed actually can directly correlate to success on the field. I've never seen anything to suggest that wonderlic scores correlate at all to success on the field. It's a generic "IQ" test with questions that aren't relevant to football at all. There are a lot of dumbasses who can see the field and understand the game. And a lot of insanely smart people who can't. Also plenty of people don't test well when under pressure in a situation like that, and a lot of NFL prospects don't take it seriously knowing that it isn't really much of a factor. NFL teams don't really care about it. There's a reason it's going away.

When is it going away?

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

When is it going away?

https://www.marca.com/en/nfl/2022/04/19/625eca30e2704e04be8b458a.html

It has already started to. The NFL used to administer it to all combine participants. They didn't this year and while they allowed some teams to administer it themselves for now, the expectation is at some point that won't be allowed either. Many teams this year did not administer any wonderlic tests for prospects they were interested in.