• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper says 5 year minimum for Rhule.

Zod

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

He said it to mute the media about lame duck year for Rhule, and the potential of any player not wanting to be here bc it will be a lame duck year for Rhule.  This elimnated the noise the media could have drummed up if he said anything different about the situation. 

That was my thought process too. It also alleviates any tension with agents of any of the players.  

Did this happen before the draft?   Read as smokescreen!!!  Right???

While we all can and should talk as much smack about Tepper and what he's done to the Panthers since he's insulated by his billions.  

The reality is Tepper is a way better business person that I will ever be.  And if the team sucks and fans leave, he's going to make changes until it gets right.  Rhule has to show real improvement this season, even with Sam as his QB1.  It doesn't matter.

All Tepper did was give some sound bites to the media.  He's the same guy who bought the mansion of someone who pissed him off and razed it for him to build a mega palace over it.  He's not sentimental.  Tepper wants to win, and if the foundation doesn't play out, Rhule won't last the season.

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, T-Wazzle said:

Aw c'mon.  It's the famous owner vote of confidence toward a coach. Usually mean the coach is almost done.

It's  like a trope.

30 minutes ago, NAS said:

The overpraise of Matt Rhule today is the ultimate kiss of death. Rhule will be fired if he doesn't have a winning season coming up. 

I really hope you guys are right.

Just now, WOW!! said:

I didn't find it that bad.. And I'm totally glad he admitted to his impatience which has cost his team..

Watch out - This doesn't fly with 95% of the posts on this forum. You are only supposed to talk about how bad we suck or how Tepper is the worst owner in the league (over and over and over again).