• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper is full of it regarding Darnold

top dawg

I know we all think Tepper is either lying or is simply delusional when he said that Sam Darnold is a "very good" QB. I was listening to the local sports station in the Triangle when host Joe Giglio gave everyone a dose of reality about Darnold in the form of stats. And, yeah, I know that people say stats lie, but it's just hard to spin these regardless of whatever excuses that anyone wants to use to delude themselves into believing that Darnold is anything more than what he has been. 

In 50 games, Sammy has 54 TDs, 52 interceptions and 29 fumbles. That's horrible! 

There's no way that I believe that anyone can come to the conclusion that Darnold is anything but a bad QB from that. Even with the excuses, perhaps you can conclude that his ceiling is average, but based upon his career, the ceiling for him is not very good [see what I did there?]!

Darnold has done nothing to raise the level of play for any team that he's played on (and, when I say "team", I'm thinking annually because each team is different). 

I simply don't believe that Tepper believes what he's saying in reference to Darnold; if he does, then we're all just wasting time here. 

He didn't want Cam, then he didn't want Teddy Bridgewater. He tried to get Matthew Stafford and then Deshaun Watson. Now, we're supposed to believe that he believes that Darnold is a "very good quarterback"? 

50 games, 54 TDs, 52 INTs and 29 fumbles! 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

Yes I believe a lot about what tepper, Rhule and fitterer has said in the past week is complete and utter BS. There is no reason to come out and say a player currently under contract is useless and a bum, even though they may be. That would be illogical especially when you haven’t finalized another plan. 

there actions tell the truth, whether that be Stafford or Watson in the past or baker/jimmy g in the future 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

It's OK man. Don't let what they say trouble you. You know its all coach speak. They are not going to say anything bad about a player and they certainly shouldn't say anything that would lead the competition to know what way they are learning in the draft. The whole world knows how bad the qb situation is for the Panthers, including David Tepper. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

26 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

IF he actually believes that:

He's really holding on to the glimpses he saw those first three games of Sam ....

That's the ONLY thing I can think of. 

The Darnold glory games….2 games vs rookie QBs making their NFL debut and a hurricane displaced, injured and coachless team.  

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Ppl get upset about the wrong poo..

What was he supposed to say about a player he is still financially committe to and don't  have a viable replacement on the roster for??

Not upset, just surprised by a nonsensical comment.

That he's our QB right now, like Fitterer or McAdoo has said. He knows how to refuse to talk about other things--be noncommittal on other things. What he shouldn't say is that Darnold is "very good". That's absurd based upon Darnold's work.

• Pie 1