• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - The Carolina Panthers select Ikem Ekwonu

Zod

3 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I know I don't come on here as much due to the constant moderator-led "I hate Fatt Rhule" crybaby circle jerk. I'm probably not the only one. If we consolidated all the whining to a high estrogen sub forum, it would probably help. I'm not sold om the guy, but dayum, it's been 2 seasons. I used to look at the Jets forum when I needed a laugh. This one is currently more embarassing.

Couldn't agree more.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sweet moment...

That’s awesome. Seems like a great human being who was raised by two amazing people with a strong base of values. 

It’s nice to not only draft a great football player but get a great human being as well. 

• Pie 3

The effect of this pick must not be underappreciated. We indirectly improved 4 positions with 1 pick. 

Oline got better.. (If Brown ever starts next to this guy ...smdh...defensive players will get mauled in the run game). 

The Rb's will benefit (The protection and lanes he can produce...I actually think Chubba will really benefit from this.. I wont even mention the Cmc and Foreman combo.) 

The WR's will benefit..(More time for route development) 

The Qb's will benefit (Well....*maybe* this will help Sam get his feet in Rhythm without fearing for his life) 

I'm just glad we got lineman who can play LT and G(only if absolutely needed)...AND Icky has an added plus. Not only is he violent with his hands and pulling in the run game, he is really good at picking up stunts (which we struggled mightily with last season). By the time Campen and Moton get working with this kid we may indeed have an All Pro potential tackle on our hands. 

He was my top rated offensive player in this draft. And top 2-4 overall on 85% of big boards if I remember correctly. 

It only took a decade but I finally feel like we've addressed the position for the long term. I'm beyond excited. 

• Pie 2