• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Memories

Mr. Scot

I remember that Vikings debacle it was amazing tv drama! For me it was Eli vs Philly Rivers. I grew up a Wolfpack fan but ended up going to Ole Miss. So the drama between those two was like peak Young and the Restless for me. Being soooo happy we got Kuechly, all the drama surrounding Cam. Anytime and every time the Saints do a dumbass trade and whiff on the results.....

2 hours ago, philw5289 said:

Watching Tunsil drop because a video got leaked of him smoking out of a gas mask. Not panthers related but that was the wildest thing I’ve seen during a draft 

And La'El Collins and the murder investigation knocking him from 1st rounder to (intentionally) undrafted, with the agent threats and hoopla that went along with that.

• Pie 2

As a Panther fan and long time Huddler, my favorite draft moment is the year we took Star. This place is always arguing over who we should take. This year its which LT vs which QB vs trade down with a small few in the DE camp. All of the arguments are fine but rest assured, at the end of the night some people will be aggressively angry with the pick, hoping the player fails to prove their opinions right while swearing they are done with the team until Rhule and perhaps even Tepper are gone.

But there year we took Star is the only year I can remember where nearly this entire board was rejoicing. We had been talking about Star for nearly a full year saying we needed to somehow get him. And going into the draft we thought we picked too low and that he would be gone before the pick. We announced Star as the pick the very second we were on the clock and its really the only time I can remember that almost every single Huddler was happy about the pick. 

Star had a good career here but was certainly nowhere near our best pick ever. But that draft was really fun because we had all been wanting that guy for like 10 months are longer and we got him. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

But there year we took Star is the only year I can remember where nearly this entire board was rejoicing. We had been talking about Star for nearly a full year saying we needed to somehow get him. And going into the draft we thought we picked too low and that he would be gone before the pick. We announced Star as the pick the very second we were on the clock and its really the only time I can remember that almost every single Huddler was happy about the pick. 

Isn't there a YouTube clip of a Huddler's reaction to the pick in real time ?