• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predict who we are taking

Khyber53

1 hour ago, davos said:

If we trade down into the first, it's going to be Pickett.  Gut feeling.

And we will likely get some IOL, WR, and DL with the remainder of the draft.  Hopefully IOL in the 2nd if we gain one.

If we stay put? Neal. Gut says Ekwonu and Cross are gone

1. Walker (lol)

2. Thibodeaux

3. Hutchinson? Stingley?

4. Ekwonu (They covet Jermain Johnson but this way they can try to get him at 10/trade up)

5. Cross (or Hutch?)

6. Neal (or) Trade Down w/ NYJ (10), HOU (13), PHI (15).  Land Pickett.

The big wildcard is still Houston.  If they pass on Hutchinson but the Jets covet getting an OT, Could we legimtiately have Hutchinson fall into our laps?

no he would get taken by the giants in that case.

Jets are going for Sauce or Drake to make a splash

I'm feeling Neal or Icky being there at 6 and we trade down and the board has a meltdown but we pick up an extra first and/or a 2nd depending on how far we fall. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Philly trade up and give us the Saints 1st next year

• Pie 1

They need to come out of this with QB competition for Darnold, a difference maker on defense, and solid rotation/future starters at LB, TE, and G. 

This is what we'll do:

1. Trade back with Philly.  6 for 15, 51, and Minstache.

2. If Cross is still there at 15, Take him.  Otherwise trade back with Pittsburg.  15 for 20, 84, 138.  (Pitt moves up for Willis).

3. At 20 we take Devin Lloyd, LB (alternative - Kenyon Greene G or Penning T)

4. At 51 we take Cole Strange G, Rasheed Walker T, or Petit-Frere T (assuming we did not go G/T in First).  (Alternative - Muma LB or possibly Troy Anderson LB).

5. At 84 I could see Barno DE, Cross S, Kolar TE, Robinson RB, or maybe Bruss G/T. 

We would still have 137, 138, 144, 149, 200, and 243 for more projects - but I think the top 2 picks (plus stache) would see the field a lot in 2022.

• Beer 2

Devin Lloyd

Panthers have addressed their OL in free agency. OL can be addressed in several rounds with many quality OL who could start in the NFL. Later round QBs are better than expected and early round QBs are worse than hoped. LB position outside of Shaq Thompson is weak and last I looked you need 3 LBs. The Panthers have decent LB depth with some issues in free agency LB signings. Securing a 5 year leader at LB who can play a versatile role in Snow's 33 is the most valuable move at the 6th pick. I expect several teams to try to jump the Seahawks to draft Lloyd, and Carolina would want to keep this very quiet with the likes of the Chiefs, Eagles, Seahawks, Packers, and Giants aiming for Lloyd.