• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans want to trade up.

hepcat

51 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

makes no sense. our only monster holes on this team are LT and QB. thats it, nothing else. we have a chance to fill a hole @6 and take a LT. there is no QB in this draft worth taking a chance on. dont trade back just to select mediocre talent. 

I agree with you 100%.

51 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

makes no sense. our only monster holes on this team are LT and QB. thats it, nothing else. we have a chance to fill a hole @6 and take a LT. there is no QB in this draft worth taking a chance on. dont trade back just to select mediocre talent. 

LB, DE? Those are also huge holes. I’m not saying they’re necessarily as glaring as LT and QB are right now, but if we don’t address them I guarantee you’ll be cussing at your TV this fall when we can’t get off the field on 3rd down. 

2 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

13, 37, and 68 for 6 & 137? 

Call it in. Although, feel like that's going to mean Penning or a QB at 13 for sure. Or, we trade down again from 13 because Fitterer. 

I would be 100% in for this - especially if we get Penning.  That means we could also address our LB depth with potential upside and 37 might be Howell, Pickett, or Ridder depending on how things shake out.  I don't necessarily want those QB's but Fitt may and would prevent the reach.

• Beer 1

I'll take 13, their 2023 1st, and a 3rd rounder this year for the 6th and say a 5th or 6th next year

Then hope one of the top 3 LT's falls to 13 and if not, take Penning.

Anything short of that, stay at 6 and take the best LT on our board, I'm good with all 3 of them.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, cookinbrak said:

So many people here would rather have 2 nickels than a dime.

So many people misrepresent this statement.  This is the NFL not the NBA - the difference between pick 6 and 13 is significant, but it is nowhere near half.  And 37 is still a very good pick - Jonathan Taylor, Antoine Winfield Jr, Trevon Diggs, Javonte Williams, Nick Bolton - all drafted after 37 in just the last 2 years.  

And don't forget just because you pick high it doesn't mean you pick the right people....ask the Jets....or Philly...or Detroit......

6 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

So many people misrepresent this statement.  This is the NFL not the NBA - the difference between pick 6 and 13 is significant, but it is nowhere near half.  And 37 is still a very good pick - Jonathan Taylor, Antoine Winfield Jr, Trevon Diggs, Javonte Williams, Nick Bolton - all drafted after 37 in just the last 2 years.  

And don't forget just because you pick high it doesn't mean you pick the right people....ask the Jets....or Philly...or Detroit......

Especially this year.  This draft seems weaker in the top 10 and deeper in rounds 2/3, and look at us with a top 10 pick and no 2nd/3rd....

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2