• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans want to trade up.

hepcat

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

How do you know a guy like Penning or maybe Cross won’t be there? Either of those guys could very easily be available at 13. People are acting like picking in the top 6 is the only way to get a starting LT. 

I think Penning could, but you're taking a huge risk. What if the top 4 OT are off the board at 13? Then what do we do? 

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

this is interesting I know that this just might be a “just in case“ kind of thing but it makes you wonder if people have already talked

They should have Common go up to announce the pick when its Matt Forte's turn, and just act like he's Matt Forte.

COMMON on Twitter: "Thanks to my guy Matt Forte for coming out to support  the @commongroundfnd and the kids of Chicago! http://t.co/qMtjcrF9Em" /  Twitter

3 hours ago, Michael G said:

I'm not sure if he'd trade down or not, if this scenario unfolds--Pick 13 is on the edge of the blue chip talent dip they talk about at the beginning of the 1st round. There could be some real top ten talent left that slipped to be snatched up....

Fitterer said 6 and 20 were the drop off points. 13 is smack dab in the middle. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Especially this year.  This draft seems weaker in the top 10 and deeper in rounds 2/3, and look at us with a top 10 pick and no 2nd/3rd....

This is why I understand the rationale for trading down to pick up additional choices in the 2nd and/or 3rd round. Teams are going to find some really solid players in the draft after the 1st round is finished. Let's be honest, if BC or one of our other lineman had proven to be capable in 2021 and  we weren't desperate for a LT for the 2022 season, how many players in this years class do you think we'd be all hyped up for?

I don't see any can't miss/superstar players in this draft class based on the scouting reports and college resumes, although I know some will end up excelling if placed in the right situation.

4 hours ago, Michael G said:

I'm not sure if he'd trade down or not, if this scenario unfolds--Pick 13 is on the edge of the blue chip talent dip they talk about at the beginning of the 1st round. There could be some real top ten talent left that slipped to be snatched up....

In his interview he said teens was where they would want to move to and 20 would be the absolute furthest back.

4 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

There is no talent at 13 that is as good as any top 6 talent. 

So many on here are desperate for more picks in the first 2 days, that their willing to give up a teir 1 talent. 

fug that bs. 

Tend to agree. I’d rather we get a potential All-Pro at a premium position like OT or DE than draft at 13 and throw darts at the dartboard with the additional picks we accumulate. Crapshoot if we go down that road. 

• Beer 1