• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2-3 predictions. Do the Panthers get a pick,?

Zod

Id say just leave next years 1st and 2nd alone and at max, just use 1 future pick. If we can maneuver one of our 5ths, 6th, and next years 4th for a 3rd that would be fine. Or maybe throw in a player to get a second.

If we want to take a shot at a QB gotta give up something

• Pie 3

Just now, davos said:

Id say just leave next years 1st and 2nd alone and at max, just use 1 future pick. If we can maneuver one of our 5ths, 6th, and next years 4th for a 3rd that would be fine. Or maybe throw in a player to get a second.

If we want to take a shot at a QB gotta giive up something

I like this.  I think you will have to throw in the player though.  WE will need to be prepared to give up something.  Even if we dont get a pick I suspect Fitt will be burning up phone lines trying to. 

1 hour ago, OceanPanther said:

We have very little to trade away in the way of  personnel or draft picks that would interest other teams . We don’t want to give up starters on rookie contracts ,, we have literally no draft capital.  Btw , no one wants Robbie,, we don’t want him,, ( I’d love to eat crow and someone trade for him )

I know many kept saying ‘trade back’ yesterday,, but as we saw,, no one wanted our pick.  There are teams who need QB’s , but the class is not good. We can want to trade back,, but other had no interest. 

Actually plenty of teams would like Robby - most consider his drop in production due to our QB play and offensive scheme.  He would be worth Hollywood or AJ value but plenty of value considering the WR run yesterday and other WR trades.  

And the reason we didn't trade back (if it was due to lack of offers) was likely due to the way the draft went...the stud DLinemen were gone by 6, no one had faith in these QB's clearly, and the teams that needed the OT's were all up next and could get one for free.  And we didn't want to trade out of one of the top 3 OT's so none of the later guys had good enough offers.

2nd round is a completely different ballgame and value - early 2nd rounders are worth 1/3 what our #6 was worth....it doesn't take too much to get back there.  But I guarantee you Willis and Corral are gone by pick #8....no way they get past NY, HOU, and SEA considering their 1st rounds.  I think our only shot is Robby & 2023 3rd rounder traded to KC or CHI - but even then I don't know that we get Howell so probably still not worth it.  

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think they're gonna trade future picks.

I'm not so sure.

They said last year they really didn't want to part with their first, second and third rounders, and they didn't.

This year they say they don't want to part with any of their future picks, and given what it most likely feels like sitting here with no picks till the fourth, I think I believe them.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not so sure.

They said last year they really didn't want to part with their first, second and third rounders, and they didn't.

This year they say they don't want to part with any of their future picks, and given what it most likely feels like sitting here with no picks till the fourth, I think I believe them.

They're gonna make a move for a QB one way or the other and I don't see how to do it without touching future picks or giving up a quality young player.

• Beer 1

FOR EXAMPLE: If they really like Howell or Willis or Ridder---as a developmental player who could start next year, I think I would cough up a future second-round pick and trade the fourth to move up.  It would probably cost our 2023 second rounder and this year's fourth rounder.

If we move up to grab Howell, it would mean the following:

• Our last 2 drafted QBs were Charlotte (area) natives.
  • Our first and second rounder in 2022 were Charlotte (area) natives.
  • Our first and second rounders were from NC State and UNC.

Consider that last year's first rounder was from the Univ. of So. Carolina, it sure looks like we are into home cooking.  Our first rounders over the past 2 years were within a 100-mile radius (approx) of Charlotte

Edited by MHS831