• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2-3 predictions. Do the Panthers get a pick,?

Zod

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

I'm saying I wouldn't trade a player that plays a premium position that we have little depth at.

I would trade Robby Anderson first, or a cornerback, or even Christian McCaffrey.

10x out 10 I would trade Yetur over CMC.  If a team gives me an early 2nd for yetur.... im taking that deal.

• Pie 1

Going to have to give up some draft capital. Next year a 2nd OR A 3rd with Anderson. If they watch last year's film, they might not even take that. No CMC or D.J...no Burns or Horn.

Fitts may be pulling a deal out his arse to get something done. Don't think he would do anything as stupid again as the Darnold deal.....right?

Edited by Jmac

58 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

is there a reason we are not talking about Yetur being a possible trade candidate? If the team loves a QB thats avialable... Yetur plus a 5th would most likely get you a 2nd round pick in this draft.

Cos he's pretty good and still on his rookie deal?

• Pie 1

Everyone who talks about trading Robbie, DJM, CMC, or anyone else that has just restructured their contracts had NO CLUE how the salary cap works.  When we decided to re work Robbie's contract we basically guaranteed his spot for this year and possible next.  Trading him or cutting him in 2023 would cost 19.8 million before June 1st. With a negative cap savings of 9 million.  Trading DJM would result in a negative cap hit of nearly 14 million and a dead cap charge of 19 million.  CMC trade would be 26million in dead cap and a 2022 negative charge of 17 million.  I'm a teacher, not an accountant, but I don't think that's good business.

Baker, Jimmy, or a trade for Minshew are the only real options unless one of these QB's falls into the third round or if we feel that we can surrender picks from next year.  I say, trade #137 for Minshew, give him a 1 year try out.  If that doesn't work, a 6th and Cleveland paying 50% of Baker's salary will suffice.  Jimmy G is more than likely going to get cut if a trade doesn't materialize, however with his health eating into his time before training camps, no one is giving up assets for him.  SF can save 26 million by cutting him and roll that savings over to next season.

50 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Fitterer said there were multiple (more than 1, but not sure how many) QBs with "first round grades."

He can't be that stupid can he? I'm sure he was saying that hoping for people in front of us taking a qb or someone trading up to take one. We got lucky all three tackles were there last night.  

45 minutes ago, KeepPounding5859 said:

Everyone who talks about trading Robbie, DJM, CMC, or anyone else that has just restructured their contracts had NO CLUE how the salary cap works.  When we decided to re work Robbie's contract we basically guaranteed his spot for this year and possible next.  Trading him or cutting him in 2023 would cost 19.8 million before June 1st. With a negative cap savings of 9 million.  Trading DJM would result in a negative cap hit of nearly 14 million and a dead cap charge of 19 million.  CMC trade would be 26million in dead cap and a 2022 negative charge of 17 million.  I'm a teacher, not an accountant, but I don't think that's good business.

Baker, Jimmy, or a trade for Minshew are the only real options unless one of these QB's falls into the third round or if we feel that we can surrender picks from next year.  I say, trade #137 for Minshew, give him a 1 year try out.  If that doesn't work, a 6th and Cleveland paying 50% of Baker's salary will suffice.  Jimmy G is more than likely going to get cut if a trade doesn't materialize, however with his health eating into his time before training camps, no one is giving up assets for him.  SF can save 26 million by cutting him and roll that savings over to next season.

I respectfully disagree. 

Our cap already includes 10m for Anderson.  And yes, trading Anderson will cost an extra 8m in cap.  But remember, we have 30m in cap right now.  We can eat the extra.

I think we can get a 2nd rounder from GB for Anderson.  GB is ready to win now, but their WRs are mediocre at best.  Believe it or not, Anderson's numbers in 2021 are better than any WR on GB right now, and that is with Darnold as QB in our joke of an offense.  GB is getting ready to trot our Lazard, Watkins, and Cobb.  There are few healthy free agent WRs left and no one in the draft ready to contribute this year.

I think GB would definitely be interested in a speedy vet WR, in his prime.  The salary for GB will only be around 1m.  And I think we can agree, Rogers should be able to get more out of Anderson than Darnold managed.

GB has 2 second rounders, a third, and 2 4th rounders.  We should be able to get at least the second second rounder for Anderson.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Zod said:

Let me know what is going to happen so I know if I can make other plans tonight or not.

Yes they will absolutely acquire a pick. When specifically asked about something not of the topic, panthers revealed they thought the area best in this draft to find the future and value will be picks 25-50. I think it slipped. It was in the Fit presser a couple days ago. You don’t say that and don’t get a pick there.

They’ll try like hell to get it via Anderson. But I’d bet it be something like Anderson +2023 4th for a bottom half 2nd this year.

Edited by onmyown

2 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

He can't be that stupid can he? I'm sure he was saying that hoping for people in front of us taking a qb or someone trading up to take one. We got lucky all three tackles were there last night.  

I dunno---I can see Willis as a late first guy---and some really like 2020 Howell.  I think there is about an 80% chance we move up for a QB tonight. 

10 hours ago, toldozer said:

If that's the trade I'd do it all day long. More likely scenario is we'd have to trade our first next year for a second rounder this year and I am not about that at all. If we give up a first for any of these qbs I'll be PISSED

We are pretty dumb at times but what you’re suggesting would be the dumbest thing of all time. Zero chance they trade a future 1st for a 2nd this year

4 minutes ago, ATLpanther said:

We are pretty dumb at times but what you’re suggesting would be the dumbest thing of all time. Zero chance they trade a future 1st for a 2nd this year

Tell me you haven’t been following this team very long without telling me you haven’t been following this team for very long

Edited by X-Clown