• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2-3 predictions. Do the Panthers get a pick,?

Zod

We have very little to trade away in the way of  personnel or draft picks that would interest other teams . We don’t want to give up starters on rookie contracts ,, we have literally no draft capital.  Btw , no one wants Robbie,, we don’t want him,, ( I’d love to eat crow and someone trade for him )

I know many kept saying ‘trade back’ yesterday,, but as we saw,, no one wanted our pick.  There are teams who need QB’s , but the class is not good. We can want to trade back,, but other had no interest. 

Edited by OceanPanther
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I cannot see Fittterer sitting on his hands as 131 picks go by. It's just not in his nature.

Just curious,, what do we have to trade ? Future draft picks ? One of our players on a rookie contract that we already like ? 
I can’t see other teams wanting to help us without us giving up something we don’t want to

Well only 1 QB went in round 1.   So there will be QBs around throughout all round 2. 

I think our front office will struggle not to trade picks in order to have something to sell the average fan on.  Which they shouldn’t.   

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

I don't think so because what are they trading to move up that high?

Our 4th rounder is a comp pick, so it's right there at the end of the 4th.  We'll have to start moving future draft assets and players.  I'm not sure we're ready to pull that trigger unless someone wants to eat a big fat contract like Sam's or CMC's (who I am against trading).

Nah, we made our bed with the trades for Sam and for the talented yet unproven CB.  Let's try to actually keep next year's draft intact as much as possible.  We can still find good value players in the 4-6 rounds this year due to the COVID push.

While it's not fun as a fan, it's the right thing to do.

It's the last pick of the 4th round, before the Comp picks. 

• Beer 1

35 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

We have very little to trade away in the way of  personnel or draft picks that would interest other teams . We don’t want to give up starters on rookie contracts ,, we have literally no draft capital.  Btw , no one wants Robbie,, we don’t want him,, ( I’d love to eat crow and someone trade for him )

I know many kept saying ‘trade back’ yesterday,, but as we saw,, no one wanted our pick.  There are teams who need QB’s , but the class is not good. We can want to trade back,, but other had no interest. 

Pretty much - for all the grief Rhule gets, 90% of our best players are still on their rookie contracts. We don't want to trade those.

Fitterer pretty much ruled out trading future picks too, so we're kinda stuck. 

• Beer 1

Looking at the defensive tackles  that are still available,  I see a few we could still add. I would look into adding one of Larry Ogunjobi, Eddie Goldman,  Sheldon Richardson or Danny Shelton. With that being said, trade Derrick Brown to get back into this round. Davion and the other rookie last year showed promise too, while Ionadiss also is a solid player. 

Screenshot_20220429-074210_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 1