• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2-3 predictions. Do the Panthers get a pick,?

Zod

38 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

There is nowhere in my comments that even remotely says Robby is worth a first rounder.  I literally said we should trade him AND a 3rd to get into the 2nd round this year.

You said robby is worth Hollywood and AJ value; both of them were traded for first round picks. Now I see what you mean but robby is way worse than both of them lol

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

Need to take our medicine and not mortgage the future. Trading away next years picks for a second or third rounder seems like something a floundering franchise would do. 

I agree, BUT, I can easily see it happening if our QB hangs around. 

Robby is a negative asset in almost any potential trade unless we agree to eat his contract. There aren't any teams needy enough to trade for a WR3 on a 15 mil caphit. It'll probably take a future 2nd and our 4th, seeing as its the last pick in the 4th round, if we're moving up into the 2nd round. Maybe we could negotiate down to our 5th.

Edited by beo

1 minute ago, beo said:

Robby is a negative asset in almost any potential trade unless we agree to eat his contract. There aren't any teams needy enough to trade for a WR3 on a 15 mil caphit. It'll probably take a future 2nd and our 4th, seeing as its the last pick in the 4th round, if we're moving up intp the 2nd round.

If they want a second rounder for a wr it's going to take Moore to get someone's attention. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, he had to say something to hedge his bets if Rhule threw a hissy fit in the war room and pulled rank and demanded they pick Pickett.

Go to panthers.com and watch the video of them actually calling Ickey. They were giving each other handies they were so excited.

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

If they want a second rounder for a wr it's going to take Moore to get someone's attention. 

Yeah.. I felt as I typed that even my trade is a little bit lowbally. Usually the team moving up gives more value to the team moving down. Hopefully we don't overpay...

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, austin1227 said:

You said robby is worth Hollywood and AJ value; both of them were traded for first round picks. Now I see what you mean but robby is way worse than both of them lol

I meant wouldn't - but also those guys were not traded for first round picks - they had other picks included in the deal.  And I said that as well when I said package the same deal for a 2nd rounder vs 1st.

28 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Thats what it going to take. Or you can look at it as that we've already spent a second on a qb...

Frustrated Austin Powers GIF

I'm not trading Moore. He's a foundational piece. See what's there later in the second or even into the third and try to make a deal with a future 4th round pick or later, or offering someone like RA.