• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2-3 predictions. Do the Panthers get a pick,?

Zod

5 hours ago, Billy Goat said:

If we’re talking purely draft picks it’s probably going to take a 2023 2nd, 3rd and a 2022 4th or 5th to move into the back end of the second round/top of the third round. That’s way too much for one of these QBs when they could probably get Mayfield for a 2022 4th or 5th.

This draft doesn’t have that kind of value.  The charts are great but this is a buyers’ market.  Much more fluid than years past.

• Pie 1

1) We don’t have much to offer. Would have to offer a player + pick at this point I’d think

2) The teams at the top of round 2 don’t have multiples in 2 so they’d be dropping out of the 2nd completely 

Don’t get me wrong I really want them to draft a QB because we know the alternative route and it’s not good (I’m not talking Sam). I just don’t know what it’s going to take to move up. Are the Vikes so CB starved that they’ll take Henderson over drafting a guy like Booth?

Tampa needs a DT but we aren’t flipping them Brown of all teams. 

GB/NE both make sense for Robby but I don’t think any of the 4 QB’s last that long

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, year of the snitch said:

I think we can stay put and still land Howell or Ridder.

I don't see that many teams wanting to use a 2nd or 3rd on them, just to play them as a back up.

We actually might start one of these dudes.

I agree. Think some of these guys are in for longer nights than many anticipate. At least I hope. 

1 hour ago, davos said:

Pretty convinced we’re trading up. 

Ridder, Howell or Corral. Malik may go too soon/the capital would be too much.

Fitterer said there were multiple (more than 1, but not sure how many) QBs with "first round grades."  Since I doubt they expected to have Willis, Corral, and Howell available in round 2, I expect them to do what it takes to move up to get one--he would not be doing his job if they ignored first-round-graded QBs in round 2. 

Not having the 38th pick overall--another way Darnold is sticking it to us.

I am guessing that the Panthers are either going to trade away a player (YGM, Brown, BC, Elf, Haynes, etc), their 4th rounder, and maybe a 2023 second rounder (Forget what Fitterer said; these are unusual circumstances if the Panthers really have first-round grades) to get to the middle of the second round.  Heck, if we came away with a LT and potential starting QB and nothing else, I would be elated.

43 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

is there a reason we are not talking about Yetur being a possible trade candidate? If the team loves a QB thats avialable... Yetur plus a 5th would most likely get you a 2nd round pick in this draft.

We would have almost no pass rushing depth if Yetur was traded. Also, I don't think it's smart to trade players mid development. Sometimes it takes a while for defensive lineman to really develop. Mario Addison took years, as did Charles Johnson.

2 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

We would have almost no pass rushing depth if Yetur was traded. Also, I don't think it's smart to trade players mid development. Sometimes it takes a while for defensive lineman to really develop. Mario Addison took years, as did Charles Johnson.

So you are saying we shouldnt take a DE who is in mid-development, and trade him for an early pick to grab a potential starting QB?

Note: Yetur is a free agent season after next, and BB is due a big pay day....

Just now, TheCasillas said:

So you are saying we shouldnt take a DE who is in mid-development, and trade him for an early pick to grab a potential starting QB?

Note: Yetur is a free agent season after next, and BB is due a big pay day....

I'm saying I wouldn't trade a player that plays a premium position that we have little depth at.

I would trade Robby Anderson first, or a cornerback, or even Christian McCaffrey.