• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers going to deal for Baker or Jimmy G? Not so fast per Fowler (tonight)

ncfan

I don't mind a rookie QB being draft in the 2nd round if it means they don't give up any future year draft picks. Deal Robby Anderson for a 2nd or 3rd and I'm good. Matt Corral, Malik Willis, or Sam Howell at the back of the 2nd round or early 3rd round is a great deal. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

I get people don't want to trade future capital, but I would be absolutely okay with trading back into the 2nd or 3rd to snatch Willis or Howell.  It will depend on the compensation of course, but that is a lot of value at a major, major position of need.

I'd probably prefer Howell.  I like Willis more if you are talking 1st round because you want that upside when you are picking that high, but Howell's floor is FAR higher so I like him a bit more in the 2nd or 3rd if that logic makes sense.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Mage said:

I get people don't want to trade future capital, but I would be absolutely okay with trading back into the 2nd or 3rd to snatch Willis or Howell.  It will depend on the compensation of course, but that is a lot of value at a major, major position of need.

I'd probably prefer Howell.  I like Willis more if you are talking 1st round because you want that upside when you are picking that high, but Howell's floor is FAR higher so I like him a bit more in the 2nd or 3rd if that logic makes sense.

Agreed. Howell is a film junkie and everyone is down on him for no good reasons after 2021 season. Go get him and we’ve had a heck of an off-season. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Glad to see that it looks like Fitts is starting to win the personnel battles. You know Rhule would rather go for yet another trash heap vet.

i think both Rhule and Tepper just needed to admit they don't know what they are doing and just let the guys who know how the league works (Fitt and Morgan) take care of building the team. Message to Tepper and Rhule..... just sit back, shut up, and take notes.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

I could see both Jimmy or Baker AND a rookie QB here. Would require some maneuvering with Sam and basically getting Jimmy or Baker for free (which seems possible, they don't really have any value with their current contracts). But if you take a Willis or Howell they shouldn't be starting year 1, and I really hope we don't have to see Sam for another year. Grabbing Baker with the upfront expectation from both sides essentially that it's a 1 year arrangement for him to rehab his value and help get us to the playoffs and bridge to Willis would be a great situation if you ask me. I'm not a big Baker fan but with this OL and a healthy McCaffrey/Moore I think we could have an above average offense with Baker under center.

• Beer 1

Man, this is the wrong draft to not have a couple high 2nd rounders.  I'd almost be tempted to make a stupid trade to move up to the top of the 2nd and grab Nakobe Dean and/or Malik Willis or Corral.  MLB and QB are our 2 biggest holes now.  Our only glaring holes really.  All of a sudden they have built a very nice roster.  If we can figure out the QB spot I really think we could make some noise this year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Howell does seem the most likely at this point. would be very cool to have both NC State and UNC represented on the team in such a big way...provided that they did well. I can see Howell happening more than anyone else at this point, though. 

• Pie 3