• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers likely drafting a QB

Zod

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

For the record I would rather us shoot Darnold into the sun and give Cam a genuine off-season/camp and chance (that he really hasn’t had since returning to health).

That a whole other discussion though. 

You don't ever sign a player to an NFL contract because you want to be fair or nice or just to them.

You sign players because you believe they can help you win.

5 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Corral is thin yes.

Doubt he’s stronger than Howell. He is taller though obviously. 

I know it’s cliche at this point but Clausen was seen as a better prospect than these guys too. 

Last years heroic QB class all looked like poo. Although measurables say they have more potential but still. 

It’s just such a hard position to get right. 

Using the filter that the arm strength/accuracy is enough to make NFL throws, then the MOST IMPORTANT thing is between the ears.

Does Darnold have more of that than the above two guys?

Clausen was a similar prospect to the QB this year.. That's why he wasn't drafted until the 2nd round.. Like most of these guys..

And between the ears?? I hope so not a high bar to climb..

But Reality is none  of the QBS in this draft match Darnold physically..

And that's the reason they aren't seen as nearly the type of prospect he was..

55 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You don't ever sign a player to an NFL contract because you want to be fair or nice or just to them.

You sign players because you believe they can help you win.

I don’t want Cam here because I feel sorry for him. I don’t mean fair as in “hand out”.

He legit hasn’t had an opportunity for a real off-season with a team since he got healthy. 

Patriots signed him during a fuged Covid year. The next year he had the full off-season then they cut him to go with the rookie. 

Then he comes here not knowing the offense and without the time to develop chemistry and timing with receivers. Timing matters. Knowing the full offense matters. 

Cam with a full off-season with these skill players and new line wins more games than Darnold/PJ. 

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I don’t want Cam here because I feel sorry for him. I don’t mean fair as in “hand out”.

He legit hasn’t had an opportunity for a real off-season with a team since he got healthy. 

Patriots signed him during a fuged Covid year. The next year he had the full off-season then they cut him to go with the rookie. 

Then he comes here not knowing the offense and without the time to develop chemistry and timing with receivers. Timing matters. Knowing the full offense matters. 

Cam with a full off-season with these skill players and new line wins more games than Darnold/PJ. 

I seriously doubt Newton has a full season in him.

Last year was actually more ideal in that he only needed to be able to play six games, but even that didn't really work out.

If you're looking at him as a backup, that makes sense. But if you're asking him to be a full regular season / possible postseason starter, there's a lot of doubt that he can still do it.

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Clausen was a similar prospect to the QB this year.. That's why he wasn't drafted until the 2nd round.. Like most of these guys..

And between the ears?? I hope so not a high bar to climb..

But Reality is none  of the QBS in this draft match Darnold physically..

And that's the reason they aren't seen as nearly the type of prospect he was..

I don’t think you are remembering Clausen correctly. Or you simply remember Panther Clausen and not predraft/draft Clausen. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I seriously doubt Newton has a full season in him.

Last year was actually more ideal in that he only needed to be able to play six games, but even that didn't really work out.

If you're looking at him as a backup, that makes sense. But if you're asking him to be a full regular season / possible postseason starter, there's a lot of doubt that he can still do it.

So coming to a new team with 6 games remaining, not having any reps with your receivers, not knowing the playbook outside of a qb power package…

Thats ideal? 

I’m…I’m not sure this conversation can go anywhere if that situation is ideal. I’m stunned. 

3 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

So coming to a new team with 6 games remaining, not having any reps with your receivers, not knowing the playbook outside of a qb power package…

Thats ideal? 

I’m…I’m not sure this conversation can go anywhere if that situation is ideal. I’m stunned. 

If you're not healthy enough to make it a full season, yeah that's ideal. Or at the very least more ideal.