• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FO Wise: There has clearly been a power shift

davos

He has no business being here. He can only do harm at this point. This isn't some random AWOL regional scout or something, it's arguably the most important employee of the franchise. 

He should be fired if we start off 1-4 or something. Do not give him any more rope, he'll just hang the rest of the good apples this franchise has.

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

He scapegoated Joe Brady because the football world demanded a sacrfice and he even managed to do that wierd becaue he waited until after the bye week was over..... and the offense and all it's problems remained indentical.   That's not change. 

big time coaches are what they are.   

Joe Brady has NEVER EVER been a successfull OC, ANYWHERE.

He was running the same routes over and over. Robby said it, opposing teams said it, including CB's who intercepted.

He didn't practice 2 minute drill.

He blamed everyone around but himself in the press conferences.

He ran Chubba and CMC up the gut on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1...including against the best run defenses in the league.

He was passing game coordinator for Joe Burrow, Justin Jefferson J'mar Chase and Terrace marshal against COLLEGE CBs.

The man was impaired and is now a QB coach.

You can carry Joe Brady's water all you want CRA, but the fact of the matter was, he sucked.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, davos said:

I doubt I'm the only one to notice---but watching these post Round 1 interviews, Rhule's facial expressions, his overall demeanor, you can read it all over.  

It appears whatever dynamic we had before has changed entirely.  He was looking like a man that has others operating at a higher rate around and he's pretty much just on a ride, just playing coach at this point.  He's biting his lip, looking into no man's land during the pressers, he's somewhere else, maybebwishing he could have landed his boy Pickett.  Or thinking about his next speaknig gig.

Maybe it all goes back to the aggressive anti-Rhule sentiment in the fanbase, "Fire Rhule" chants at games and stadium ramps, the highly audible home crowd booing, the poor interviews, and then his subsequent "disappearance".  Maybe they told him to hold off but I don't know, it officially seems more than an PR tactic.  Fitterer & Dan seem very composed, sound, and with a vision.  

It gives further questioning into why he's still here and how the hell he will get a locker room going. 

Overall, I really don't understand what's happening with that man but I hope Tepper and him can agree to part ways sooner than later.  He obviously needs to find what will be fulfilling, ideal a college gig with a motivational speaking type shtick side hustle.  It looks like this has all been too big for him and he's very humbled right now.  Doesn't make me suddenly like where he took this franchise, but something things pretty off.  

Very excited to see Fit & Morgan really leading the way.  We've set up a very solid offense for a talented QB and OC to eventually take over.  Now, we just have to find out who that coach & QB are.  

Rhule is being reshaped. He’s never worked for someone like Tepper before. Tepper isn’t going to fire him and eat $30mil. He’s going to make Rhule toil, figure it out, and win. Or Fail. This is the humbling process. But Tepper isn’t going to fire Rhule and let him off. He was sold a vision. He expects that vision to be fulfilled or for Rhule to forfeit the remaining money and get another job. 

Edited by unicar15
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

My point is that everything the huddle agrees with is Fitt and everything the huddle disagrees with is Rhule.  The topic is NOT just on Darnold and NEITHER was my post.  Darnold was an example.

This was your post: "Show me the evidence that Fitt didn't drive the Darnold trade.  I have video evidence where Fitt is driving it along with his personnel and Rhule isn't even in the room."

That's the post I responded to. 

9 minutes ago, trueblade said:

This was your post: "Show me the evidence that Fitt didn't drive the Darnold trade.  I have video evidence where Fitt is driving it along with his personnel and Rhule isn't even in the room."

That's the post I responded to. 

If Rhule played such a HUGE role in bringing in Darnold, why isn't he pounding on the table in the video where they are discussing it?  He was in nearly every other scene.  Every person around the table spoke glowingly of Darnold, including Fitt.

I'm not arguing that Rhule is blameless or that he had no role.  I'm arguing that Fit isn't blameless and that the contract that Rhule had last year is still in place.  They collaborated last year, they are collaborating this year.  Rhule is in the same position he was last year.  I think after getting his ass kicked, he's a little humbled.

Where has Rhule's contract changed?  Where?
Where has Rhule said he was against Macadoo, Wilks,  Campen or Ikem?
Where has Fitt said anything has changed?
Where has Tepper said anything has changed?

In fact, actual statements by the these people are to the direct contrary of the delusion that there has been power shift. 

Matt Rhules contract is the SAME as last year.